Beware! Facebook can be a marriage breaker

I think facebook is bad news in all sorts of ways, the problems it has caused are tragic in some cases.

Relationships suffer, its full of allsorts of pc errors, fake usernames the lot.

It definitely needs a lot more security thats for sure, ive heard some right stories from it.

I think facebook is bad news in all sorts of ways, the problems it has caused are tragic in some cases.

Relationships suffer, its full of allsorts of pc errors, fake usernames the lot.

It definitely needs a lot more security thats for sure, ive heard some right stories from it.

Sounds like a forum:hihi:

I agree with comments made before - if you're going to cheat you will. Facebook is getting the rap for a lot of things lately - you can hardly blame a social networking site for people cheating, murdering, or anything else really. It's the people ON it that do the deeds, not the site itself.

I have a few exes on my Facebook and my OH doesn't have a problem with it in the slightest, as I don't have a problem with the fact he has a couple of his on his profile.

I agree, it should finish the thread, but human nature isn't as clear cut as that Alien.

Many people may look up past partners out of curiosity. Nowt wrong with that.

It's when conversation takes the helm, that one thing leads to another.

Which is not the fault of Facebook. You might as well blame the bus because your partner chatted up someone he met while riding it.

maybe if partners were more trusting then people wouldnt lie about who they are talkin to on their facebooks and/or have secret facebook accounts!

why would anyone is a trusting mature relationship have to lie about having a facebook account anyway?

if you cant trust each other to have a facebook account then clearly there are problems with the relationship before you even sign up to facebook.

Nope, definatly facebook.

My mate split from his ex after more than 14 years after his missis got on facebook, there was trust up until he discovered she had been chatting a bloke up for over a year.

WARNING FACEBOOK CAN SERIOSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH !

Chatting, what a terrible thing for her to do.

I'd agree that it's a lack of trust, facebook is just a medium, not a cause.

I agree, it should finish the thread, but human nature isn't as clear cut as that Alien.

Many people may look up past partners out of curiosity. Nowt wrong with that.

It's when conversation takes the helm, that one thing leads to another. This can quickly re-kindle old feelings and all under secrecy.

Just like the slightly less up to date, telephone. Is the telephone a marriage breaker.

Or getting even more retro, the face to face conversation, is talking a marriage breaker?

On the other hand it allows people to keep in touch with friends in a way that was just not possible before.

Events are publicised, photos are shared, feelings are broadcast.

It's just a tool, you use or abuse it as you can any other tool.

I'm not sure what kind of security you think is missing, the programming is good enough and the control over what you put on it and who can see it lies with you.

Its not just facebook - I found out that my other half (now my ex) was seeing someone from this site...

Agree with that, any internet site where you can talk to people can lead to it- if you're looking.

I think over the internet its easy for some people to get caught up in the flattery/attention.

That said, Im not a fan of facebook. No interest in catching up with anyone I used to know.

and I'd be fuming if my partner was chatting to his ex's. for me theres no reason to ever get back in touch,they're in the past for a reason. but thats just me..

I think the biggest thing that is here is communication. I've always said that communication is the key to any relationship.

The trouble with the internet is that it allows you to lay down your thoughts where you might once have either put them in a diary or ranted at your mate down the pub.

Any ex that still holds a torch for you can then "tap" into your feelings and empathise with you, probably communicating better with you than you did towards the end of that relationship. You then put your rose coloured glasses on, remember the happier times with them, whilst you stop communicating in your current relationship. Whereas pre internet that would have taken quite a lot of work (or alcohol.)

Archived