Beware! Facebook can be a marriage breaker

Any social network such as facebook,faceparty,bebo,myspace,friendsreunited and others can lead to problems such as looking up ex partners, cheating and so on.

The problem starts with the relationship, if things are happy as larry then there would be no reason to go looking at the past or looking to the future with someone else.

She sounds like a bit of a slag though :)

Nice of you to judge someone because they remain on speaking terms with exes.:|

Nice of you to judge someone because they remain on speaking terms with exes.:|

I agree, Sushi.

When I married, two of my ex-boyfriends were invited to the wedding and my now ex-husband invited one of his ex-girlfriends. He happened to like my exes and actually bought a couple of suits from one as he was a clothier. I really like his ex girlfriend, she is super sweet.

Just because you used to have a relationship with someone doesn't automatically mean that you will be attracted to them in the future. In fact, I can't think of a single person I dated in the past that I have residual feelings for in anyway other than as a friend.

I was out at my local last night having a few jars with my mates, when a huge barney broke out between a married couple.

He had found out that his wife had a facebook account and half her friends were ex's. He wasn't in the clear, as she pointed out that she knew about his facebook account, and he was chatting with his ex's!!

It was a right laugh to watch, but it did make me think about how people can use facebook to lead a secret life.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

No I don't have any exs

I agree, Sushi.

When I married, two of my ex-boyfriends were invited to the wedding and my now ex-husband invited one of his ex-girlfriends. He happened to like my exes and actually bought a couple of suits from one as he was a clothier. I really like his ex girlfriend, she is super sweet.

Just because you used to have a relationship with someone doesn't automatically mean that you will be attracted to them in the future. In fact, I can't think of a single person I dated in the past that I have residual feelings for in anyway other than as a friend.

A lot of X's, and a lot of Y's! :hihi:;)

Agree with that, any internet site where you can talk to people can lead to it- if you're looking.

I think over the internet its easy for some people to get caught up in the flattery/attention.

That said, Im not a fan of facebook. No interest in catching up with anyone I used to know.

and I'd be fuming if my partner was chatting to his ex's. for me theres no reason to ever get back in touch,they're in the past for a reason. but thats just me..

Like you say...easy to get caught up with people you meet on-line with the flatery,attention and the antisipation of learning more and more of that person as each day goes by constantley looking for that "1 new message"..theres the odd one though that you feel you get to know very quickly and feel comfortible talking to and just being yourself with, and to be fair you couldnt ask for more than that...Allthough its a shame at times and possibly a missed oppertunity that people you meet online, arnt people you met off line....

yep my relationship of 10 years down swanny as the ex tracked down a school time ex when she was like 14 or summat. She was leading a secret life through the facebook only. I ruturned from work one Monday where she promptly informed me it was over, phoned the cops said i had a gun, i was in cells 24hrs while her and the fella emptyed my house and took my daughter. It's been 10 months now and i don't know where they are, not had any contact with my child but i'm forced to pay CSA.

On a good note, her ex school time lover she not seen for 17 years dumped her after 2 days and went back to his wife, i'm now with a lass 10 years younger then her and enjoying it.

But still miss my daughter daily.

yep my relationship of 10 years down swanny as the ex tracked down a school time ex when she was like 14 or summat. She was leading a secret life through the facebook only. I ruturned from work one Monday where she promptly informed me it was over, phoned the cops said i had a gun, i was in cells 24hrs while her and the fella emptyed my house and took my daughter. It's been 10 months now and i don't know where they are, not had any contact with my child but i'm forced to pay CSA.

On a good note, her ex school time lover she not seen for 17 years dumped her after 2 days and went back to his wife, i'm now with a lass 10 years younger then her and enjoying it.

But still miss my daughter daily.

Classic case. I feal for you Eric. :(

Archived