Beware! Facebook can be a marriage breaker

I was out at my local last night having a few jars with my mates, when a huge barney broke out between a married couple.

He had found out that his wife had a facebook account and half her friends were ex's. He wasn't in the clear, as she pointed out that she knew about his facebook account, and he was chatting with his ex's!!

It was a right laugh to watch, but it did make me think about how people can use facebook to lead a secret life.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Dont dis social networking too much... me and my OH met on Myspace 3 years ago and are talking about getting engaged this year! If you are honest with each other then facebook shouldnt be a problem - I speak with one or two ex's still and so does my OH and we are both ok with that! Its normal to want to know what ex's are up to and social networking is a way to find that stuff out... if anyones going to do it though be honest with you OH!!!

yep my relationship of 10 years down swanny as the ex tracked down a school time ex when she was like 14 or summat. She was leading a secret life through the facebook only. I ruturned from work one Monday where she promptly informed me it was over, phoned the cops said i had a gun, i was in cells 24hrs while her and the fella emptyed my house and took my daughter. It's been 10 months now and i don't know where they are, not had any contact with my child but i'm forced to pay CSA.

On a good note, her ex school time lover she not seen for 17 years dumped her after 2 days and went back to his wife, i'm now with a lass 10 years younger then her and enjoying it.

But still miss my daughter daily.

God, that sounds so similar to what happened to me....

Dont dis social networking too much... me and my OH met on Myspace 3 years ago and are talking about getting engaged this year! If you are honest with each other then facebook shouldnt be a problem - I speak with one or two ex's still and so does my OH and we are both ok with that! Its normal to want to know what ex's are up to and social networking is a way to find that stuff out... if anyones going to do it though be honest with you OH!!!

It is normal to find a partner that you are happy with and enjoy each other. ex's are ex's or you would still be with them. If you are happy with your new partner, you have no need to keep in touch with an ex. Unless you are playing mind games. ;)

Maybe the only type of relationship you can envisage with the opposite sex is a sexual one, but it's not unusual to have friends of the opposite sex for most people.

So the other reason someone might keep in touch with an ex is that they have stayed friends.

What a load of rubbish, if you are in a loving and trusting relationship then you can chat to your ex when you like without causing any problems at all.

I still talk to two of my ex's and why shouldn't I, ok we aren't close friends but there's nothing wrong with being amicable is there?

I also wouldn't mind who my OH talks to, never thought about who the people are on his FB friends list as it isn't important :confused:

Eric's case is very sad but (no offense) his missus was clearly slightly derranged to be reporting to the police that he had a gun :confused:

I would strongly suspect that relationship wouldn't have lasted with or without Facebook.

When will people learn?! Facebook isn't the problem, stupid and/or weird people are!

Maybe the only type of relationship you can envisage with the opposite sex is a sexual one, but it's not unusual to have friends of the opposite sex for most people.

So the other reason someone might keep in touch with an ex is that they have stayed friends.

Depends what they look like! ;)

Good point though, I think the problem with staying in touch with ex's, is that old flames can be re-kindled if there are problems in a current relationship.

What a load of rubbish, if you are in a loving and trusting relationship then you can chat to your ex when you like without causing any problems at all.

I still talk to two of my ex's and why shouldn't I, ok we aren't close friends but there's nothing wrong with being amicable is there?

I also wouldn't mind who my OH talks to, never thought about who the people are on his FB friends list as it isn't important :confused:

Eric's case is very sad but (no offense) his missus was clearly slightly derranged to be reporting to the police that he had a gun :confused:

I would strongly suspect that relationship wouldn't have lasted with or without Facebook.

When will people learn?! Facebook isn't the problem, stupid and/or weird people are!

As they say, True love is a state of madness.

Depends what they look like! ;)

Good point though, I think the problem with staying in touch with ex's, is that old flames can be re-kindled if there are problems in a current relationship.

If there are problems in a current relationship then that's the problem, not facebook.

If there are problems in a current relationship then that's the problem, not facebook.

True, but it depends on what the problem is. I know several people that are totally fed up with their partners spending more time on face book than they spend with them.

Archived