Latest poll : Lib-Dem 32% | Conservative 31% | Labour 28%

That's exactly it. Lots of people seems to be approaching this with an x-factor voting mentality. You should be listening to the answers they give in these debates not deciding who comes across better.

I agree. What with Mrs Brown and Mrs Cameron on the election trail, in addition to the X-factor voting mentality, this is becoming more and more like an American presidential election campaign.

Time to look at the parties policies in a little more depth methinks.

I'd like to see a Lib Dem victory or at least holding the balance of power, because the tories and labour are just paying lip service to the fact that people are utterly fed up with their shallow lies and scheming and spin, and carrying on exactly as normal, making the arrogant assuption that we are all too thick to notice. They need a very big kick up the arse.

At the very least I hope that the Lib/Dems gain a seat in Sheffield and more importantly keep control of Sheffield City Council. It was a breath of fresh air when they took over the council, and the tiny increase in council tax just shows what can be done when a party listens to the electorate rather than the loony fringes.

the system is designed to maintain the status quo and prevent any real change which is why Labour and Conservatives alike don't want any significant changes made to it, the system suits them perfectly at the moment

they may change their minds if a miracle happens and the Lib Dems actually win though

At the very least I hope that the Lib/Dems gain a seat in Sheffield and more importantly keep control of Sheffield City Council. It was a breath of fresh air when they took over the council, and the tiny increase in council tax just shows what can be done when a party listens to the electorate rather than the loony fringes.

I agree with that. It would be a disaster if Labour took control of our council again, although I dont think that will happen to be honest. I think Scriven has a good chance at Sheffield Central but the other areas are long shots.

UKIP will also hopefully have at least one councillor on May 7th.

the system is designed to maintain the status quo and prevent any real change which is why Labour and Conservatives alike don't want any significant changes made to it, the system suits them perfectly at the moment

they may change their minds if a miracle happens and the Lib Dems actually win though

They wont win. The best we can hope for is for the Lib Dems to get a decent number of seats, with no other party having a majority. I suspect one of the conditions of LD support will be a promise to push through a referendum for FULL Proportional Representation (not just AV like Labour have recently suggested.)

They wont win. The best we can hope for is for the Lib Dems to get a decent number of seats, with no other party having a majority. I suspect one of the conditions of LD support will be a promise to push through a referendum for FULL Proportional Representation (not just AV like Labour have recently suggested.)

that's probably the best we can hope for, but I still hope for real change

We drove back from Cheshire yesterday. Blue signs in Cheshire, and orange ones as we got into Derbyshire and in the west of Sheffield. I've been to the NGH today by bus, through Longley, and expected to see at least one red sign on the way. But I didn't.

Archived