Another financial bailout? Airlines on the brink of disaster?

Airline bailout ?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Airline bailout ?

• No, let them sink or swim
    • Yes, we need them to survive
    • I'm confused

Can/should we bail out the airlines?

I suspect if things do get hard for the airlines the government will help. The precedent has been set with the bank/car industry, so I would imagine the current government would help out the airlines.

Would it happen if we have a different government ? We'll see soon ;)

We all know how slippery insurance companies are. Even if someone did take out insurance no doubt they'd wiggle out of paying by saying they don't pay for "act of God".

Act of God is a specific exclusion you wouldn't want in insurance against "mass grounding of aircraft by a geological event".

I would of course take the insurance company to court and have them prove it was an act of God, as opposed to a normal, everyday event (volcano erupting).

Act of God is a specific exclusion you wouldn't want in insurance against "mass grounding of aircraft by a geological event".

I would of course take the insurance company to court and have them prove it was an act of God, as opposed to a normal, everyday event (volcano erupting).

"The Man Who Sued God" is one of my favourite films:thumbsup:

Act of God may well have some legal standing as an insurance clause, no doubt some lawyer would be able to argue that somehow.

While taking them to court would be a laudable idea, in practice it would cost loads more than the money lost in the holiday.

Either way I was just trying to give an example to illustrate my dislike of insurance companies and their ability to wriggle out of their obligations.

Archived