Re furbished Old Red Lion, Grenoside.

green pea

I wasn't overly sure when we went, but will try it again before I dismiss it :)

Love the pub itself and it holds good memories. It's nicely furbished and the tables aren't too close together but I just didn't feel comfortable. A group of lads came and stood near us and the manager asked them to move away from the dining area. There were also quite a few people watching football on the tv at the front of the pub.

The food was good, no more, the menu limited and not really what I look for on a pub menu. But there seem to be a lot of pubs now trying to be restaurants, so the prices are higher than average.

Hopefully it'll find its own identity but I don't think they yet know whether to be a pub or a restaurant.

One of the chefs used to work at The Old Vicarage. This could have a slight bearing on the quality of food[/QU

after speaking to the chef a few nights ago we were very impressed with the enthusiasm and the clearly obvious passion this young man has for his food apparently he also used to work in scotland cant remember where though, anyway we booked in for tonight and i can definetly say we were not dissapointed at all, i had the lamb and my wife had the seabass, the lamb was the most expensive dish on the menu but i can say in all honesty it was worth every penny and more not only did it taste great it looked faultless the lamb shoulder was to die for!!!! my wifes seabass looked wonderfull really fresh unforuntately i didnt get to try any as my wife wouldnt share haha!

this is not a pub its something different.

definetly definetly worth a try this is something special!!!

complete ban on hoodies

That is a definate positive step . its something id like to see introduced in EVERY pub . Lets hope the idea catches on ,and we see this great idea implemented in every public place.

Well done to the management of the Red Lion .

:thumbsup:

I live in the area too and have been fed up of going for a pub meal, paying a good price then being greeted by something you could have bought at aldi in the value section. Will definitely try this pub. If its good as most of you say then it might be a worthy regular contender. Other than that we normally ditch the pub and go to Flying Pizza on Glossop road. Great atmosphere and great food. :D

The head chef at the old red lion grenoside is called adam he did his early working years at the vicarage approx two and a half.Then moved to tom kitchins in edinburgh then to the devonshire arms at bolton abbey.The rest of the team in the kitchen are dan ,andy ,and will. The manager is emma who works very hard and is doing a brill job the pub is going from strength to strength and long may it continue

Archived