Re furbished Old Red Lion, Grenoside.

green pea

Thanks, will give that a try in the next couple of weeks and then get back on here to let Sheffield know about the price, quality and service.
you can have a choice of 3 meats or have a bit of all 3 on the carvery, the roast potatoes were cooked from fresh, none of them prefrozen roasties, plenty of veg, onion gravy etc, alternatively you could order from the menu which weve done in the past & never had any complaints

you can have a choice of 3 meats or have a bit of all 3 on the carvery, the roast potatoes were cooked from fresh, none of them prefrozen roasties, plenty of veg, onion gravy etc, alternatively you could order from the menu which weve done in the past & never had any complaints

Was just about to go swimming with the family, but now you're making me hungry....supposed to be on a diet too. I like the idea of fresh produce.

Was just about to go swimming with the family, but now you're making me hungry....supposed to be on a diet too. I like the idea of fresh produce.

apparently, everything right down to the bread is made from scratch at the old red lion.......cant really beat that for fresh produce can you?

the food is overpriced for what you get, the menu is mediocre & the food is ok, nothin to rave about, had better & at less cost in better surroundings

That about sums it up right.

But good look to them these days

• 3 weeks later...

Went yesterday for sunday lunch and thought it was excellent. Excellent ceasar salad to start, tender, flavoursome beef, home made yorkshires and proper roast potatoes (not been any where near the deep fat fryer like so many places seem to do) and gravy where you could tell it had been made from the meat juices. Only thing wrong was we were stuffed after our main and couldn't try one of the desserts.

• 1 month later...

hi i think the waiting you had to endure last night should have been explained to you as you sat down by the front of house staff. The kitchen is very small indeed and is due any time now for a refurb and extention this along with ongoing training with staff should make a marked difference in the near future.:)Just as a little update there are two chefs working the kitchen now both with years of experience in starred restaurants,the old red lion should go from strength to strength

• 4 weeks later...

Archived