Ladies - how much would you pay for a nice handbag?

I have seen the most lovely Tula handbag in John Lewis, costing about £70. I tell myself I can't justify spending that much on a handbag but then again as my friend tells me, it would last me forever and I am not one to get fed up of bags and keep chucking them out. I know that cheaper bags do tend to fray and get tattered more quickly so I guess you end up paying out more in the long run.

I think I would just feel so guilty spending all this on a bag. It would ease my worries a bit if I knew others would or have spent that amount.

Honest, its got my name on it!

I have seen the most lovely Tula handbag in John Lewis, costing about £70. I tell myself I can't justify spending that much on a handbag but then again as my friend tells me, it would last me forever and I am not one to get fed up of bags and keep chucking them out. I know that cheaper bags do tend to fray and get tattered more quickly so I guess you end up paying out more in the long run.

I think I would just feel so guilty spending all this on a bag. It would ease my worries a bit if I knew others would or have spent that amount.

I wouldn't spend that much, but then I'm not really a handbag person. If you're going to use it all the time and not just chuck it to the back of the closet, then you should stop worrying and just treat yourself to it. The fact that you're deliberating over it so much shows that you don't usually spend money frivolously so I think you deserve it. ;)

My sister in law spent £600 (possibly more, can't remember due to shock) on one last year. Personally £20 would be my absolute limit. I've only just discovered pretty shoes, I refuse to be drawn in by handbags too.

You need that bag! £70 is just a couple of good nights out, soon forgotten, but the bag will be a thing of beauty and a joy forever!

Get it, as you said, it has your name on it. You know you want to, why deny yourself :banana:

ps £100 would probably be my limit for either bags or shoes.

You pay for what you get....and you get what you pay for! I say go for it, you know you need it if you keep going and looking at it. Lifes too short, so treat yourself-i know i would.:P

Archived