Beer drinking pubs in sheff

airzb123

Despite the Fat Cat winning a competiton in a newspaper over 20 years ago, it still remains an awful, soluless place and serves some frankly mediocre beer (if the staff even notice you are waiting and can be bothered to acknowldege you).

Most of the other pubs mentioned are decent ale houses however! :)

for a great selection of good beers (bottled and draught), there is a lot to be had of Old House bar on division street. though not strictly a pub, it has a great homely atmosphere and a veritable cornucopia of choice!, and great value food to boot. highly recommended

Spot on with the Old House. Great selection of bottled beers. Schneider Aventinus is my personal choice. Food better than your average bar/pub food too - always homemade burgers, sausages etc at not much more than chain pub prices. Finally great staff and atmosphere. Would also highly recommend. I should have also mentioned Sheffield Tap on the station - great for a drink when I get off the Friday afternoon London train! Just what Sheffield station has been missing and worthy of a visit even if you aren't travelling! :thumbsup:

Schneider Aventinus is my personal choice.

Rocket fuel! One of those and the rest of the night might as well not have happend. Great stuff.

BTW Meaks and his Fat Cat comments. That is his/her opinion (which they like to repeat everytime this subject comes up!) but its well worth giving it a try before you skip it altogether. Been going on/off for 15 years and neither I nor anyone I've been with have ever had a bad pint in there.

BTW Meaks and his Fat Cat comments. That is his/her opinion (which they like to repeat everytime this subject comes up!) but its well worth giving it a try before you skip it altogether. Been going on/off for 15 years and neither I nor anyone I've been with have ever had a bad pint in there.

I think a lot of people share that opinion. It's got a ludicrously small bar area where people always congregate and seem miffed if you have the audacity to stand there trying to buy a drink. Yes it was a trailblazer in the 1980s, but frankly it's not worth the hassle these days as there are many better places.

I think a lot of people share that opinion. It's got a ludicrously small bar area where people always congregate and seem miffed if you have the audacity to stand there trying to buy a drink. Yes it was a trailblazer in the 1980s, but frankly it's not worth the hassle these days as there are many better places.

I was in there Thursday night with some mates from Essex and we didn't have any problems with it. It's also the inspiration for the East Anglian Fat Cat pubs and for that alone it is to be lauded.

Mind you, I don't think my mates could quite believe their eyes when they went in the Sheffield Tap!

Archived