East West, London Road

jamesogt

Did anyone find they go a bit over board on the salt??

Personally, (mainly for this reason) I'd say the Kashmir floors it.

No, never noticed an excess of salt at East and West although I did have a problem with salt levels in the Mangla on a couple of occasions - enough to put me off going back there, in fact. I think some sub-continental cooking does use a lot of salt as a matter of course, so perhaps it is easy to go over the top from time to time.

Did anyone find they go a bit over board on the salt??

Personally, (mainly for this reason) I'd say the Kashmir floors it.

Never found that - I'm generally quite sensitive to salt so this would definitely put me off. I'll go back tonight and investigate - I'm good like that. :hihi:

Never found that - I'm generally quite sensitive to salt so this would definitely put me off. I'll go back tonight and investigate - I'm good like that. :hihi:

And I am volunteering to go to the Kashmir tonight, so we can compare notes...

And I am volunteering to go to the Kashmir tonight, so we can compare notes...

Well, the salt was within normal levels but garlic was off the scale! I had a meat thali with a very interesting sweet and sour prawn curry, good methi lamb and a creamy chicken korma, mixed quality starters (dry lamb chop but a nice piece of chicken and great spicy halloumi!) and the usual spongy nan. My companion had a biryani with a dhal that contained several large chunks of garlic - overkill, in my opinion.

Went here again for the 2nd time. Began with a trip to the loo and as I passed through the off-shot kitchen by a young Indian lad peeling onions over a bucket I felt like Keith Floyd - proper authentic! :hihi:

Anyway, we began with mutton rolls and then the Kerala fish curry and deviled mutton and some rice and a chipati.

By God it was good, the best Indian food I've ever had. The portion sizes were just right too. They seemed quite small, but they're actually just right, for me anyhow.

I hate going out and feeling uncomfortably stuffed. Feeling bloated is crap for after beer drinking.

The guy front of house was as great as before, really helpful and enthusiastic.

It seems they're thinking of moving to larger premises.

Sorry - thought I knew you! Didn't want to be too specific as not everyone on here wants to be named (like me - I'm not really a dog, believe it or not!). :)

Oh I see - no, afraid I'm not who you thought I was (sounds like they might be interesting to know though!!)

I went on Sunday and had chicken biriyani. It doesn't come with curry sauce like other biriyani's but insted something like coleslaw. The biryani was nice but no different to your average takeaway. I was expecting something different, maybe I ordered the wrong thing.

I went on Sunday and had chicken biriyani. It doesn't come with curry sauce like other biriyani's but insted something like coleslaw. The biryani was nice but no different to your average takeaway. I was expecting something different, maybe I ordered the wrong thing.

Try the Hyderabadi Biryani next time, if biryani is your thing. It is very tasty (and spicy) but note that the chicken comes on-the-bone. There are loads of other things on the menu that you don't often see in an 'indian', so I would advise trying something else. Chicken kotthu is one of my favourites.

I went in there today with mikeybaby72.....and I must admit I was confused over the menu. Not the usual type of Indian menu....the ones we all recognise instantly.

I haven't got a clue what most of the stuff is....and somewhere I had seen they do a lunch curry with rice and chapatti for £3.50 but somehow I couldn't find it on my mobile phone and the lunch special was stuff I had never heard of.

The manager/waiter was very kind - I think he understood and was so pleased we had come to try their food that he offered us a special at a price we were pleased at. We had mutton curry with rice and chapatti -something safe that I know what it is ;)

He bought us out a little starter of popadom and what was an Indian style of coleslaw which was absolutely divine...I could have just had more of that - wonder what it's called. And after he bought us a sample of one of the deserts.

What a lovely place.....with excellent food and helpful enthusiastic staff.

We will definately be going back.....once we have googled most of the menu and seen what the dishes consist of.

I like the look of the dish that looks like a pillow...with chickpeas :hihi:

And if any of the staff are reading this....thank you....beautiful food....and "England Rocks" :clap:

edit: I left this review BEFORE I read any of the others....just so I wouldn't write the same thing...but it looks like I have written the same thing....this place is GOOD.

Archived