Double Glazing Hell-Help!

Had double glazing done by Beta Seal (Chesterfield)and was happy with the job...or so I thought.

I had noticed it had got colder instead of warmer once the double glazing was installed, local builders showed me that there was no foam around the windows and that in fact you could see straight through the cracks around some of my windows and could push a 50pence through!

In addtion one of the windows is full of condensation.

I called the company with no response then Trading Standards who said the company had gone bust. The insurance for the windows was underwritten by the company itself so no chance of cash back.

Does anyone know what I can do to rectify the problem and how much it would cost...need to know urgently

Had double glazing done by Beta Seal (Chesterfield)and was happy with the job...or so I thought.

I had noticed it had got colder instead of warmer once the double glazing was installed, local builders showed me that there was no foam around the windows and that in fact you could see straight through the cracks around some of my windows and could push a 50pence through!

In addtion one of the windows is full of condensation.

I called the company with no response then Trading Standards who said the company had gone bust. The insurance for the windows was underwritten by the company itself so no chance of cash back.

Does anyone know what I can do to rectify the problem and how much it would cost...need to know urgently

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you may be covered under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Archived