Adenoids, Tonsils been took out and Grommets been put in

My friends son had this done last year and the op went without a hitch. His speach has improved tremendously as a result of the grometts, he no longer gets ear infections and is by far a really happy little boy.

The childrens are fantastic and I'm sure it'll go smoothly and you will feel more stress and pain than he will!

Good luck and let us know how he gets on x

My 5 year old is having his tonsils and his adenoids took out today aswell as having grommets put in, has anyone elses children had this done and did everything go ok.

Sorry to hear that Corker, my youngest had his done at a similar age. He'd had hearing and behavioural problems for years before the operation and really was a new kid after it.

Don't worry fella, it's very routine and your son will be a lot better for it :thumbsup:

I had this (apart from the grommets) when I was 12 and I can tell you that although I had the mother of all sore throats for a couple of days, that was the worst result.

My stepchildren both had grommets fitted when they were 3 because they were both born with cleft palates and that causes eustachian tube issues for youngsters and they were both over 60% deaf before the grommets were fitted. My step son went from occasional words the day before the op to sentences a week afterwards, his speech development delay was obviously due to him not being able to hear.

Although the grommets fell out over the next few months, the ear problems didn't return for either of them as they grew.

Hope your little one recovers quickly :)

Hey :)

I had my adenoids removed when i was about 6 and grommets, it was fine, my breathing and hearing problems were improved :D

although tonsills and adenoids shouldnt be removed quite so willy nilly nowa days as they play roles in the immune/defence system of the body. they only take them out in extreme cases these days :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your good wishes folks, we got there and they didn't have a bed for him told lad, just got back now.

They said they are going to rush his next appointment along but this is the second time they havent had a bed for him now and it's had to be cancelled.:(

my eldest lad(now 12) has had grommets in twice as the first ones fell out after a few months. as soon as it was done it was an instant improvement, and within 30 mins of coming out of theatre he was on the playstations and demanding food!:hihi:

hope everything goes well for your lad

Archived