People taking photos of my car..

If it is a scam and they're after a registration number to clone etc. why didn't they just write the number down?

Is it possible that they did not witness the alleged accident, and someone else wrote the registration number down incorrectly? Its unlikey that 2 identical cars have very similar number plates, but its possible. I once stood next to a car thinking it was my mum's (same car, same colour), the registration was identical except for one letter in the suffix.

A man knocked on my door and asked if I was the one who hit his car that morning further down the street. I said course not. I was miles away at work that morning. he said well it looked like your pick up truck.

I asked him how hard his car had been hit. He said, very hard the trunk of his car badly bashed in, unable to raise the lid. I took him to look at the front of my truck three months old and spotless as the day I took delivery of it.

This clown still wasn't convinced started the "well.. er .. er" business so I said "Tell you what I'm calling the police and you can file a complaint with them and we'll take it from there. You're accusing me of hit and run and I'm accusing you of trying to pull an insurance scam"

"No! No! I dont want to call the police" said so I said in that case bu**er off my property" and he most certainly did right away

Archived