Nick Clegg, " I don't believe in God"

I think this won't harm Nick's chances of success at all. Yeah, some people may not vote for him now because of what he has said but I'm willing to bet a larger number of people WILL now vote for him because of his honesty.

I'm with Nick.

But what is your definition of success?

Nick Cleggs chances of success of becoming PM are zero, since the popular vote doesn't translate into number of seats.

Cleggs might be successful in getting an increase in the share of the vote for the Lib Dems and Lib Dems may win a few marginal seats, but ultimately Clegg will fail.

What Clegg has done though is made it a possibility that the Lib Dems could possible properly challenge for the top of the greasy pole perhaps in 3 general elections time especially if PR ever gets implemented.

But what is your definition of success?

Nick Cleggs chances of success of becoming PM are zero, since the popular vote doesn't translate into number of seats.

Cleggs might be successful in getting an increase in the share of the vote for the Lib Dems and Lib Dems may win a few marginal seats, but ultimately Clegg will fail.

What Clegg has done though is made it a possibility that the Lib Dems could possible properly challenge for the top of the greasy pole perhaps in 3 general elections time especially if PR ever gets implemented.

Yes, Ive never voted lib in my life.

I joined after his God statement.

At least he stood alone.

Nick Clegg, the Liberal Democrats’ leader, has defied political

convention with a frank admission that he is an atheist.

Proof of his honesty - whatever your religious beliefs.

I hope he becomes our Prime Minister.

I hope you have to eat your words.

Unregistered, do you have any clue as to how the general election works?

From your comment I assume you know nothing about seats, and that the PM has very little to do with the "popular" vote.

The Lib Dems could get more votes than the Conservatives or Labour but ultimately they will still end up with less seats than both.

Good for Clegg I must say I'm sick of the bull that politicians, religous leaders, businessmen/women etc thrive on these days, I'm sure half the Royal family are non believers but have to be seen attending church every now and then. The 'keeping up appearances' mentality means many of us actually have to be seen to conform to certain things in life despite what we believe or actually hold in any regard. How many people 'talk team' at work these days but stab their colleagues in the back at every opportunity to make themselves look better ? Clegg has shown he is not going to be led by moralistic religous waffle but by common sense, now that would make a nice change in this country of ours !

Good for Clegg I must say I'm sick of the bull that politicians, religous leaders, businessmen/women etc thrive on these days, I'm sure half the Royal family are non believers but have to be seen attending church every now and then. The 'keeping up appearances' mentality means many of us actually have to be seen to conform to certain things in life despite what we believe or actually hold in any regard. How many people 'talk team' at work these days but stab their colleagues in the back at every opportunity to make themselves look better ? Clegg has shown he is not going to be led by moralistic religous waffle but by common sense, now that would make a nice change in this country of ours !

All religions are false.

All we ever had to do was behave ourselves, which most of us are doing.

Einstein called them "rather childish"

Archived