Promiscuous women responsible for earthquakes

but pointed out that this is yet anther tiresome Islam bashing thread started by someone who has less interest in poking fun at an idiotic preacher and more like poking fun at Islam itself without reason or rhyme. There are many an example of anti Islam threads started like this one by people who seemingly have only the tabloid level of understanding of Islam yet they profess authority enough to teach the Muslims the error of their ways.
How do you know that? mjscuba could be a muslim for all you know? Maybe that's how s/he knows about it in the first place. You've said you yourself don't agree with what the the preacher's saying and should be ridiculed, so you could have been the one started the thread about it.

Actually, I rather like the idea that I could start an earthquake just by tossing my hair about like a restive chestnut mare! :D

My post was addressed to Kamal Joe. I've noticed on several threads that he's just as partisan in the more conservative aspects of religion as any overt racists you refer to are with their own hobby horses. The story deserves to be highlighted and ridiculed. If a priest or an American TV evangelist had said the same, it would still have become a thread, only you would probably have delighted in joining in too. But it's a politically correct misogynist nutjob so you dodge the issue and try to smear the OP's intention.

Many of the worst enemies of human rights campaigners in the Middle East and North Asia are those Western leftists who try to make out that religiously fascist attitudes towards women don't really exist and are not really part of everyday life for millions.

Every time anyone (and I mean anyone) has ever started a thread condemning something that happens to pertain to Islamic parts of the world or occurs in Islamic communities, you try to shout down any discussion of it as racist - no matter who tries to discuss it. So objecting to fascism that happens to occur within the Islamic world has become pushed into being seen as a far-right race issue only - and it's all because of misguided Shariah defenders like you and your mystifying double standards.

Well said, a great post!

So you will be starting a thread about the idiotic teachings of Noa's story and the punishment unleashed on an unsuspecting population or even the idiotic notion of Samson the terrorist killing innocent people, maybe we can all have some fun at last or would that be a step too far? What Kamal Joe said didn't seem to me as designed to shut down debate but pointed out that this is yet anther tiresome Islam bashing thread started by someone who has less interest in poking fun at an idiotic preacher and more like poking fun at Islam itself without reason or rhyme. There are many an example of anti Islam threads started like this one by people who seemingly have only the tabloid level of understanding of Islam yet they profess authority enough to teach the Muslims the error of their ways.

I disagree with your analysis of Kamaljoe's post but do however agree the need to ridicule people such as the preacher in question. Now what I feel concerned about the expressions by some that this view is somehow shared by all Muslims. Poking fun at some preacher is all well and good but to defame a whole religion is not the same thing.

Seeing as you are on a par with Kamaljoe it's hardly surprising that you disagree with purdyamos's analysis of his posts. You both cry 'islamaphobia', 'racist', 'bnp'... at the 1st sign of any criticism of your precious ideology, in an utterly unscrupulous and irresponsible manner which is steadily eroding the power of the terms you and your fellow travellers so cynically seek to use as weapons to try and silence criticism of Islam.

There have recently been threads mocking Xian and Jewish preacher for linking pacts with the devil & homosexuals for earthquakes what's so wrong with doing the same when a Muslim preacher does something just as dumb? Why does your ideology deserve special treatment?

I think I should clarify that while my post began with a reference to Kamal Joe, the 'you' I was addressing was melthebel whose post it was a reply to. I see that could be confusing The essence though was less about this or that individual, more the entire political trend of the last ten to twenty years.

Thanks to those who agreed. I've calmed down now. :hihi:

I think I should clarify that while my post began with a reference to Kamal Joe, the 'you' I was addressing was melthebel whose post it was a reply to. I see that could be confusing The essence though was less about this or that individual, more the entire political trend of the last ten to twenty years.

Thanks to those who agreed. I've calmed down now. :hihi:

I've just come back to this thread. I agree with you too Purdy :thumbsup:

I also don't see why it's considered wrong by some people to object to the Muslim religion. It's a set of beliefs that should be up for analysis and debate just like any other set of beliefs.

I disagree with your analysis of Kamaljoe's post but do however agree the need to ridicule people such as the preacher in question. Now what I feel concerned about the expressions by some that this view is somehow shared by all Muslims. Poking fun at some preacher is all well and good but to defame a whole religion is not the same thing.
There isn't a day goes by that doesn't have some plonker somewhere in the world carry out an act of terrorism in the name of the above religion with 99% of these acts being on the instructions and the rewards promised by leaders of the said religion.

I've just come back to this thread. I agree with you too Purdy :thumbsup:

I also don't see why it's considered wrong by some people to object to the Muslim religion. It's a set of beliefs that should be up for analysis and debate just like any other set of beliefs.

That's called Islamaphobia.

That's called Islamaphobia.

Do you have any muslim friends, colleagues or neighbours Riahannon?

I only ask because some posters appear to automatically object to anything Islam related without even thinking about it - not because they have legitimate concerns about certain aspects of the faith but because they have a knuckleheaded knee-jerk response and assume that any muslim is a thoroughly dodgy individual who is probably a benefit fraud, wifebeater and would-be bomber. These types tend not to have any social dealings with muslims.

Do you have any muslim friends, colleagues or neighbours Riahannon?

I only ask because some posters appear to automatically object to anything Islam related without even thinking about it .

That's how it will appear to you because as someone has already implied about you, you're so predictable.

Archived