Are Sheff Forum members gettin worried?

I totally agree, Heading North. I am more than happy to support those who NEED support in order to survive. That is the state of civilised society.

And, rather than financial handouts, I think alternatives (heating allowances, food vouchers etc) should be given. Controlled spending. Not money for fags and satellite dishes.

I honestly can't understand how people can afford lots of luxuries on benefits im on benefits for illness and i cannot afford to buy new clothes every week my benefits pays my bills and feeds my daughter and me and clothes my little girl and keeps her in nappies.

Take a job thats offered to them. Are you honsetly telling me that there aren't enough jobs then people on the dole?

If its low paid then i presume that credits will be available.

So if this happened to you what would do? turn to crime or get off your arse and go work?

No, just go to my bank and live off my high savings.

I agree completely im currently out of work after having my little girl and through illness but can't wait to get back into work, i'm a single mum too so my little girl only has me to look upto and i want her to know you need to work hard to get the things you want in life. I actually feel rather guilty for been ill and on benefits but only because of the minority that actually can work but can't be bothered.

Hope you get well soon !! And don't feel guilty, I know of people in the same situation you find yourself in and I know its not pleasant.

I totally agree, Heading North. I am more than happy to support those who NEED support in order to survive. That is the state of civilised society.

And, rather than financial handouts, I think alternatives (heating allowances, food vouchers etc) should be given. Controlled spending. Not money for fags and satellite dishes.

They did that with the first wave of asylum seekers,gave them food vouchers but alcohol or tobacco they could not buy.They had for example an £80 voucher they then bought £80 worth of mobile top up cards and sold them to friends and family,turning it into cash and then went clubbing.

To be honest if you are unemployed and down right refuse to take a job, then you deserve to lose your benefits... theres no excuse for being a lazy sponger !!!

Strangely enough, as has already been pointed out, that's what happens now. What a brilliant election promise.

"We're going to change naff all. Vote for (no) change."

Genius.

They did that with the first wave of asylum seekers,gave them food vouchers but alcohol or tobacco they could not buy.They had for example an £80 voucher they then bought £80 worth of mobile top up cards and sold them to friends and family,turning it into cash and then went clubbing.

You see, in my opinion, a mobile phone voucher is a luxury, so should not come under the basics.

Strangely enough, as has already been pointed out, that's what happens now.

It is what the rules say will happen now, but surely everyone knows of at least one person who is perfectly capable of working and chooses not to.

It's fairly easy, after all, to fail every interview you ever attend. If I wanted to claim JSA and not work, I could guarantee that you'd never be able to place me in a job.

I'm on a wage that I work well over 40 hours a week for, and I couldn't even afford rent on a house if I wanted too - therefore i'm sure you can all imagine how I feel about the lazy sods who cannot be bothered to work and probably get more than me in the long run! However, although this is a good idea in theory, I can't see it being very well thought out. What about if somebody (for example a single mother with a young child) is offered a job that is 8am - 5pm? It's not ideal when you have a little one and I can't see the Conservatives making jobs available for maybe just a few hours a day.

Archived