Why was Brown urging stranded tourists to make for Madrid?

They could be there ready for the arrivals, doubt they gonna park up outside hours before they are due.

You maybe right, I maybe right, suppose it's a question best answered tomorrow when those particular travellers have landed.

Well according to the news today the coaches that Brown said were already in Madrid are actually in the UK and will leave for Madrid tomorrow. As this is a 35 hour trip the first coach won't be available in Madrid until Thursday afternoon at the earliest.

As Brown stated on the BBC that they were already in Madrid yesterday to me that is a downright lie.

Brown was on the radio earlier denying that he ever advised people to go to Madrid, he's now advising people to get to their nearest Channel port and the government will make sure that they will get people home.

Yes I heard that too followed by the BBC rebroadcasting his statement that the coaches were already in Madrid and waiting. The bloke is an outright liar.

Do people think they can upload the coaches on the internet and download them to a pc in Madrid Airport:hihi:

Just realised your from Chapeltown, when you've stopped playin' with your sister, can you show me your banjo ??? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Oh I nearly forgot. Brown also stated that 3 Royal Navy vessels had been deployed to pick up stranded Brits.

Only one was sent to pick up our troops and a few civilians. The other 2 are still in the UK with no plans to deploy.

Brown couldn't run a bath.

Oh I nearly forgot. Brown also stated that 3 Royal Navy vessels had been deployed to pick up stranded Brits.

Only one was sent to pick up our troops and a few civilians. The other 2 are still in the UK with no plans to deploy.

Wasn't it around 300? I'm not a Brown or Labour fan, but I don't see what any other leader could have done.

I read earlier today that the other two ships were not deployed as they were no longer deemed necessary to the operation, due to flights being reintroduced at the latter part of today.

I read earlier today that the other two ships were not deployed as they were no longer deemed necessary to the operation, due to flights being reintroduced at the latter part of today.

I think the ships are being redeployed to Romania to collect 10,000 illegal immigrants who have been unable to get to the UK because of travel problems.

Archived