Why was Brown urging stranded tourists to make for Madrid?

What annoys me massively about this issue is that the government is helping wealthy and comfortable people who can afford to go on early spring breaks to foreign countries, with help from warships and other government sponsored help.

People who can afford to do this should be able to pay their own way home. I will not be able to afford a holiday abroad for several years because I am now on a lower salary. Why should I pay for better off people to have all this help.

Idiotic post.

These people may be on holiday after saving up for 2 weeks away for years. These people might be on business, told to go abroad by their company. These people might be visiting sick relatives.

Why should I pay for people who feel they don't need to work for a living? I'd rather not, but I do.

I read earlier today that the other two ships were not deployed as they were no longer deemed necessary to the operation, due to flights being reintroduced at the latter part of today.

What does everyone do who went to Santander now? If he's said that ships will take people away from Santander he should at least fulfil the promise regardless of whether flights resume or not.

It isn't a 20 minute drive from Santander back to Madrid.

Brown strikes me as a knob end, and as for coaches taking 2 days to get to Madrid I have done that journey many times in one day.

Isn't it 1,200 miles away? If you're driving continuously for 12 hours you'll still need to be driving at a consistent 100 mph.

Isn't it 1,200 miles away? If you're driving continuously for 12 hours you'll still need to be driving at a consistent 100 mph.

I only stop for a slash, generally a bit shagged when I get there though, but nothing that a few San Miguels doesn't sort. :thumbsup:

I think you will find that Brown stated on the BBC that the coaches were already in Madrid on Monday. No need to drive there... He claimed they were already there.

Brown was on the radio earlier denying that he ever advised people to go to Madrid, he's now advising people to get to their nearest Channel port and the government will make sure that they will get people home.

It is comments like that from Brown that really make me want to puke.

He quite clearly advised people to make for Madrid, now he is trying to cover it up by telling lies. That's Brown for you.

At least he's doing something??

My mate in stranded in Barbados...her Hubby is S/E Builder and she's said it's gonna cost them an estimated £3k a week in additional costs and business losses until they can get home...

:confused:

what is he doing? If he told people to go to madrid for the warship he obviously said this based on a rumour because the passengers had already been assigned. He is supposed to be the pm for gods sake:loopy:

he really is very very special

It is comments like that from Brown that really make me want to puke.

He quite clearly advised people to make for Madrid, now he is trying to cover it up by telling lies. That's Brown for you.

He quite clearly said coaches were for people from such as America. Asia and africa, with Madrid being the hub.

what is he doing? If he told people to go to madrid for the warship he obviously said this based on a rumour because the passengers had already been assigned. He is supposed to be the pm for gods sake:loopy:

he really is very very special

Numpty :hihi: how can a warship get to madrid? do you know where it is?

People were told to make thier way to the ports.

Archived