The British have been treated unfairly by our own Government

I cant quote you all as your all asking the same question, i reckon they went a little OTT with this whole thing just over one incident which happend when exactley, its a shame the government don't have the same respect for our army who are in the middle of the desert.

What was OTT?

Thats my point in a way really, not everyone is as lucky as others, some people will have really struggled through this and will feel really let down by the British governments slow response (as always).

I so wish you could come up with a logical explanation as to what the Government could have done other than deploy the Navy and the Coaches.

It appears that they didn't deploy them as Gordon Brown stated though.

One Navy ship that was already going to Spain to pick up soldiers turned up but the other two haven't left where they were. Thousands of people have gone to Madrid only to find that his promised coaches had not even left the UK.

Classic SF - complaint that 'something should be done!' about something that no-one has any control over, with no idea at all what the 'something' should be and no understanding of the issues involved. Well done Corkers!

No donation lines for the Brits when they were stranded as far as China....

So, you think a few people getting an extra week on holiday should be compared to when thousands die, get seriously injured & are made homeless by major natural disasters?

Considering we're one of the richest countries in the world, I assume you're wanting the poorer countries to pay for hotel stays for British people?

Interesting opinion, Corker.

One Navy ship that was already going to Spain to pick up soldiers turned up but the other two haven't left where they were. Thousands of people have gone to Madrid only to find that his promised coaches had not even left the UK.

They decided it'd be a better idea to reopen the airports.

Again, the Coaches were quite clearly for Madrid Airport which was the hub for flights from such as America, Asia, Africa.

Everyone else was told to make thier way to a port.

Archived