Renewal of photocard licence

I have just had my renewed photocard licence from the DVLA and it is a joke. I don't know whether they are trying to save on ink. There is a vague line that shows the shape of my face and a black line where my mouth is.

Apparently they check the cards before they send them out:loopy:

They want me to pay again to have it redone ie £30???:rant:

Has anyone else had this occur, I really can't believe when I am trying to hire a car abroad or even getting a blockbuster account this will be accepted as ID but I refuse to pay £60 in total for the renewal of my licence.

Its an absolute joke

hey if it's good enough for the DVLA to issue then use it as is, if there are any problems refer people to the DVLA

after all there's no guarantee the replacement you lash out £30 on will be any better

which is all well and good until I need car hire abroad and they won't accept it because it looks like some kid did it using paint

Will have to see where I get with a complaint letter-probably not very far. There is no way Im paying another £30 though. The picture looked a lot more like me on the old version of my card-cheating gits

I guess maybe I could get them to write a letter of endorsement or something.

Archived