Ryan air refuse to pay.

Again, preference. I fly for the experience and I don't mind paying more for that. You seem to be obsessed about cheaper is better :D

If it really makes you feel better, I can get a flight to Ibiza with either BA or KLM for £125 rtn, all inclusive. Oh, and each of which cover your ass, unlike ryanair.

Flying from where? and what dates?:D

What difference experience is there, I speak as a frequent traveller, you say they are terrible give me some examples thats makes them so terrible.

Not obsessed at all, I travel with different airlines too other than thicker magazine and different colour uniform, they serve the same purpose thats getting me to my destination.

Well, for a start, I like to land somewhere near where I am going. That in itself is worth the extra.

Example, Ryanair flies to Girona or Reus (Barcelona) however, they are about 64 miles from the city. Although, not too costly (about 22 euros) to get to Barcelona, it adds at least a further 1 and half hours on to a trip.

I still really don't understand why Ryanair SHOULD pay compensations costs? People will have booked their hotel accommodation aside from their flight. They are offering people the money of their original ticket back - you pay for flight-only, that's what you get.

If it were a package deal that included a Ryanair flight (unlikely) then that's a different matter.

I still really don't understand why Ryanair SHOULD pay compensations costs? People will have booked their hotel accommodation aside from their flight. They are offering people the money of their original ticket back - you pay for flight-only, that's what you get.

Although European law dictates that the airlines should pay compensation, I think O' leary does have a point. Why should someone that has payed for a £30 ticket expect to be compensated for thousands of pounds.

It's a double whammy for the already struggling airline industry, not only have they lost millions in revenue by lost trade but also they now are expected to foot the bill on something that wasn't of their making.

Again, preference. I fly for the experience and I don't mind paying more for that. You seem to be obsessed about cheaper is better :D

If it really makes you feel better, I can get a flight to Ibiza with either BA or KLM for £125 rtn, all inclusive. Oh, and each of which cover your ass, unlike ryanair.

Well could you book me one of these please :cool:

I just thought I'd start off by looking at BA's site, using the destination and the dates previously mentioned. Here are my findings:

Firstly BA don't fly direct to Ibiza from the North of England, the closest I could find was:

Outbound

Manchester to Heathrow then

Gatwick to Ibiza

Total time 7hrs 50mins

Also The cost of travel between airports not included in price

Return

Ibiza to City Airport (London)

Heathrow to Manchester

Total time 7hrs 15mins

Total cost £377.30 :huh:

Need I say more, I certainly won't be rushing to book with BA :loopy:

Just out of curiosity I've priced up the same flights on KLM's site

Again no direct flights which mean total travel time with KLM

8hrs 55mins Outward from Manchester and 8hrs 45mins Return

Total cost £378.40

So AO if you need any flights booking let us know :hihi:

Well could you book me one of these please :cool:

I just thought I'd start off by looking at BA's site, using the destination and the dates previously mentioned. Here are my findings:

Firstly BA don't fly direct to Ibiza from the North of England, the closest I could find was:

Outbound

Manchester to Heathrow then

Gatwick to Ibiza

Total time 7hrs 50mins

Return

Ibiza to City Airport (London)

Heathrow to Manchester

Total time 7hrs 15mins

Total cost £377.30 :huh:

Need I say more, I certainly won't be rushing to book with BA :loopy:

It was an example. I was asked to quote a reasonable priced flight to Ibiza, which I did. It wasn't specified where it should originate from.

I still go by my opinion that ryanair are not my cup of tea. I will continue to pay more to get good service and be flown to my destination, thank you. Besides, ryanair don't do my sort of destinations ;):D

Although European law dictates that the airlines should pay compensation, I think O' leary does have a point. Why should someone that has payed for a £30 ticket expect to be compensated for thousands of pounds.

No. O'Leary doesn't have a point. You either abide by the rules or you don't.

If the latter is true then Ryanair deserves to be closed down.

You really can't pick and mix which rules you choose to follow.

O'Leary has breached, on many occasions, advertising rules and has been fined as a consequence.

Hopefully, this will be the end of this worthless money-meister.

Just out of curiosity I've priced up the same flights on KLM's site

Again no direct flights which mean total travel time with KLM

8hrs 55mins Outward from Manchester and 8hrs 45mins Return

Total cost £378.40

So AO if you need any flights booking let us know :hihi:

Again, you didn't specify where the flights should originate from. I rest my case :)

No. O'Leary doesn't have a point. You either abide by the rules or you don't.

If the latter is true then Ryanair deserves to be closed down.

You really can't pick and mix which rules you choose to follow.

O'Leary has breached, on many occasions, advertising rules and has been fined as a consequence.

Hopefully, this will be the end of this worthless money-meister.

I think I read somewhere that the fine is around £5,000 per individual breach. I really hope the book is thrown at these clowns. As you say, you can't sign up to something then not honour it.

Archived