Ryan air refuse to pay.

I would guess that they would have to operate under EU's regulations?

Yes but like Mike Carrivick, chief executive of the Board of Airline Representatives "It was never intended to apply to wholesale shutdown of the airways system imposed by governmental rulings and without any limitation of time."

Like I said this shut down has been unprecedented.

If for example you went into a china shop and it had a notice saying "if you touch and break something you pay for it."

Reasonable and fair I think.

But what happens if a freak earthquake caused you to lose your footing and you knocked over several china pieces that had survived the initial earthquake, would you equally be happy to pay for the broken china?

Here we go............the blame culture.....groan.

This has nothing to do with blame yet everything to do with the law of contract.

What part of the law of contract don't you understand?

Cloudy please read my question again.

I asked you do you think the airlines deserve to pay NOT what the law says.

It's a simple yes or no.......what don't you understand:?:

Cloudy please read my question again.

I asked you do you think the airlines deserve to pay NOT what the law says.

It's a simple yes or no.......what don't you understand:?:

It is not for me to interpret the law, indeed, it appears as it is written, not as it appears in your head.

I see you haven't answered the question.

Kinda reminds me of the infamous Jeremy Paxman interview with Michael Howard!:hihi:

I have answered your question quite succinctly.

All airlines should act in accordance with EU laws.

If they really don't want to abide by said laws then perhaps they should have their licences revoked?

I have answered your question quite succinctly.

All airlines should act in accordance with EU laws.

If they really don't want to abide by said laws then perhaps they should have their licences revoked?.

Just like Michael Howard!:hihi:

Are you guys related by any chance?

The International Air Transport Association (Iata)also seem to support O'Leary's stance:

Iata also said it was unfair that EU legislation holds airlines responsible for paying the cost of looking after their passengers under such circumstances.

"This crisis is an act of God – completely beyond the control of airlines. Insurers certainly see it this way. But Europe's passenger rights regulations take no consideration of this. These regulations provide no relief for extraordinary situations and still hold airlines responsible to pay for hotels, meals and telephones," said Giovanni Bisignani. director general of Iata .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/apr/21/airline-industry-cost-volcanic-ash

The International Air Transport Association (Iata)also seem to support O'Leary's stance:

Iata also said it was unfair that EU legislation holds airlines responsible for paying the cost of looking after their passengers under such circumstances.

"This crisis is an act of God – completely beyond the control of airlines. Insurers certainly see it this way. But Europe's passenger rights regulations take no consideration of this. These regulations provide no relief for extraordinary situations and still hold airlines responsible to pay for hotels, meals and telephones," said Giovanni Bisignani. director general of Iata .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/apr/21/airline-industry-cost-volcanic-ash

God has never existed so whose fault is it really? I blame thermal underwear.

Archived