Tablets for the rest of my life..

I was an athletics coach I ran and played football and ate healthy,I have the same things wrong with me now.

I have recently been told I have stomach cancer and today been told that I cant have the operation to remove it because of the angina and hypertension so dont worry about not eating grapefruit,make the most of life I shall be doing for the up to eight years they say I have left.

Hey Skippy, sorry to hear about your diagnosis of stomach cancer, how are you? ((if that's not too broad a question)) . Is there no other treatment they can offer you?

Hi bizle,yes they are considering some sort of light treatment that burns the tumor away,but thats the one that gives me eight years. They are going to give me more info next week.I am sure that all the different meds I am taking are responsable for different things going wrong with me though, around twenty tablets per day plus two inhalers and the angina spray I also have sleap apnea and wear a mask to breath at night plus an arthritic back and joints. I do know that some that I take have contributed to renal failure.But hey fifty years ago I wouldnt be here now.Thanks for the concern but there are worse off than me,at least I have food to eat and doctors at hand,its the wife who is going through hell at the moment not me.

Hi bizle,yes they are considering some sort of light treatment that burns the tumor away,but thats the one that gives me eight years. They are going to give me more info next week.I am sure that all the different meds I am taking are responsable for different things going wrong with me though, around twenty tablets per day plus two inhalers and the angina spray I also have sleap apnea and wear a mask to breath at night plus an arthritic back and joints. I do know that some that I take have contributed to renal failure.But hey fifty years ago I wouldnt be here now.Thanks for the concern but there are worse off than me,at least I have food to eat and doctors at hand,its the wife who is going through hell at the moment not me.

Hey Skippy, thanks for your reply.

It sounds like you have a lot to deal with medically on top of your diagnosis. I have heard about the light treatment on tumours & it does have a good success rate. Have you much support from the hospital in relation to support groups & organisations that you can contact?

((sending hugs))

I`m diabetic so have to test my bloods every day , also have taken Atenolol for high BP for ten years and until recently a statin , Crestor . The statin has been dropped due to side effects but its a case, for me anyway, of thinking positively that sometimes, we need medical help and if this means rattling a little, so be it if it keeps us well, good luck

How high,exactly is your blood pressure?

The bells started ringing at the hospital when it was 162/119 :wow:

Now im taking the ramipril its settled around 126/88 :(

After reading through the replies on this thread I am thankful for all the advice as I dont feel like a closet pill popper anymore, thank you all.. I was particularly touched by your predicament Skippy, so sorry to hear about your news, it makes me feel like I have a common cold compared to you. I sincerely hope that the time you have left is the best part of your life.. regards..

Hi RasmusBart,I always find if you look for someone who is in a worse predicament than yourself it makes you feel much better. I shall start to worry about my problems just after I fall over the final hurdle.Thanks for your concern and keep taking the pills.

Hi bizzle,my best support is gardening and fishing,to be honest support groups make me feel worse,I do have contact with a MacMillan nurse who is very nice and helpful but as I have said my wife is worried most she is the one who needs the help,the people who do the careing dont seem to have much in the way of help from organisations.Right I'm off out for some growbags and take in some of this nice weather.Thanks for the hugs.

Archived