Expired tax - car kept on road.

Ok here goes, the road fund licence on my car expires in just over a week. I've recently lost my job so cannot afford to renew, problem I have is that I don't have a driveway or a garage where I can store my car, also the DVLA are frequent vistors to my estate, removing vehicles etc....

I know that without a valid tax disc displayed my car is prone to dissapearing on the back of flatbed, but is there a way I can keep it on the road / car park without a valid disc, I know about SORN but not sure if this covers it as SORN actually describing what the car isn't....'OFF ROAD'

Any help appreciated.

how long do you expect it to be off the road ? if you anywhere near s5 i got a drive you can put it on :thumbsup: because you can bet your bottom dollar the first day it runs out of tax some miserable sod off sf will put up a thread about it and asking who to report it to :hihi: (joking)

how long do you expect it to be off the road ? if you anywhere near s5 i got a drive you can put it on :thumbsup: because you can bet your bottom dollar the first day it runs out of tax some miserable sod off sf will put up a thread about it and asking who to report it to :hihi: (joking)

thats really good of ya just goes to show not everybody on cross are bad :)

Yes but they are only assessed as roadworthy on the day of the test. And what about all these new cars you see with dents and bits in? They are not roadworthy but do not need an MOT for 3 years. If a car is on the road and has no tax it's in clear violation of the RTA and I hope an ANPR patrol gets it and it gets crushed.

Archived