Expired tax - car kept on road.

Isn't it odd how the government likes to call it "vehicle excise duty" and is now based on your engine size and emissions to use it on public road, but it's still "road tax" when it suits them, like in this case when the car isn't actually going to be moved?

Ask around for help, we let our neighbour borrow our driveway when he was in the same situation, as he didn't have his own drive.

Car park is ok too but obviously you'd have to have permission from the landowner.

I wonder, do unadopted roads count as on road?

Spell checker not working?

The dent would have to be bad enough to render the car "in a dangerous condition"

It's a spell checker genius, it can't check if I've used the wrong word.

By dint of the dent the car was made non roadworthy.

It's a spell checker genius, it can't check if I've used the wrong word.

By dint of the dent the car was made non roadworthy.

Oh ok.

Anyway, no car which isn't taxed or has not got an mot can be legally kept on the road.

Nor should it be.

Hey V.Rossi, one guys right there about the car having no wheels. A few years ago I knew a few pals that used to just jack the car up and throw bricks under the axel and take the 2 front wheels off when their car wasn't taxed, but these days I don't know. It's all this health & safety bull****, Ya know what I mean. If I fart wrong I'll need a high viz. Anyway, I'd check 1st incase that law does'nt exsist anymore and if not, I'd take up the offer of RICGEM2002. Good luck with it.

Yes but they are only assessed as roadworthy on the day of the test. And what about all these new cars you see with dents and bits in? They are not roadworthy but do not need an MOT for 3 years. If a car is on the road and has no tax it's in clear violation of the RTA and I hope an ANPR patrol gets it and it gets crushed.

Not quite true. If your tyres were bald and the police pulled you you'd still be responsible, even if your MOT 11 months and 3 weeks earlier hadn't picked it up.

Archived