Tanned/Fake Tanned People

Now I have nothing against people doing what they want, even if it does seem odd to the rest of us. However, in recent times I have witnessed people sporting tans/fake tans. Now, this wouldn't normally make me waste time by creating a thread, but the bottom line is....... these people are orange in colour.

Why?! Since when has the Dickenson/Akroyd look been something to be seen proud of :huh:

http://www.thereheis.com/nucleus3.22/media/gallery/20090331-umpalumpa.jpg

Really, would you go for the above look?

:hihi: They do look a strange colour! :hihi:

But the bottom line is, these people are taking pride in their image and at the same time avoiding the damaging effects of UV.

To be honest, I would prefer to be around these people instead of mucky scruffs that smell of kippers. :hihi:

I don't do any sort of tan....fake or real.

I am a redhead...fair skinned....if I attempt to sunbathe I get burnt which blisters and it all comes off leaving me the lovely pasty white I really am.

No point in even trying :)

But the bottom line is, these people are taking pride in their image and at the same time avoiding the damaging effects of UV.

I agree, completely. Now that it's summer, everyone is wanting to show a bit of flesh, and for some people getting a bit of a fake tan makes them more confident about their skin and happier. Nowt wrong with that! :) And a hell of a lot more safe than sunbeds, too.

Archived