Cortisone injections

I had 3 cortisone injections into the lower spine for 2 slipped discs and yes it hurts when they inject it, but it left me free of very severe pain for a few months until I had the operation to remove the discs. The injections are only a stopgap for something that needs either time or surgery to heal correctly.

Grit you teeth and think of Britain. ;)

I had 3 cortisone injections into the lower spine for 2 slipped discs and yes it hurts when they inject it, but it left me free of very severe pain for a few months until I had the operation to remove the discs. The injections are only a stopgap for something that needs either time or surgery to heal correctly.

Grit you teeth and think of Britain. ;)

if i think of britain it will be worse:hihi:

I dont know whether the operation is selective but I had one in my hip a few months ago,I had to attend day surgery and when the injection was administered it had a built in anaesthetic,it wasnt a very comfortable feeling given the physical size if the needle used but as far as physical pain went it was minimal

just found out today that i need cortazone injections in my shoulder , anyone else had these injections, do they work. does it hurt,[ooo im a chicken].:(

I had no problem in having them but only the first one worked.

For years I had a lot of trouble and pain with my shoulder. I had injections, Physiotherapy, anti inflammatories and pain killers, none had a lasting effect.

One day about 3 years ago I used a Tens machine on my shoulder for 8 minutes. It completely cured the problem, I no longer have any pain and have full use of my shoulder.

In many cases shoulder pain comes from neck problems I understand.

In many cases shoulder pain comes from neck problems I understand.

I can relate to that; I had shoulder pain that was caused by neck trouble. Not major, and easily resolved, in my case.

Steroid injections are used for such a wide multitude of conditions that without seeing the OP's medical records, it's impossible to gauge how useful they're likely to be.

Archived