Cortisone injections

I had no problem in having them but only the first one worked.

For years I had a lot of trouble and pain with my shoulder. I had injections, Physiotherapy, anti inflammatories and pain killers, none had a lasting effect.

One day about 3 years ago I used a Tens machine on my shoulder for 8 minutes. It completely cured the problem, I no longer have any pain and have full use of my shoulder.

In many cases shoulder pain comes from neck problems I understand.

whats a tens machine, n where do i get it from

Be warned that they don't work for all cortisone-treatable conditions; they worked well for whatever it was that Harvey had, but they were worse than useless for my wife. Make sure your condition is likely to be helped by one before buying it.

Yes I agree it worked well for me but I know of others who have not been helped by it.

About 15 years back, I had an injection every 3 months for a year in my knee. The results were fantastic and the pain was gone for 12 months. They stopped giving them to me as they said I had had the maximum number of injections I could take.

I have heard recently that there is no maximum now. I went back to my doctors a couple of weeks ago and was told that if I wanted them again, I could have them although they said it could cause difficulties when I have to have my knee joints replaced in later life. She suggested that if I was going on holiday and would be doing a lot of walking (which I do), I should have an injection before I go.

The injections were very painful but they did work well. It's true they only mask the pain, but as I have arthritis in my knees, nothing will actually make them better.

thanks for advice, looks like ill have to have it done shoulders killing me:help:

I have the same problem, left shoulder, both elbows and knees. My doctor diagnosed tendinitus and said that the injections could do more harm than good. I had been, and still am taking alternative medication that does make a difference, however she put me on Naproxen, that is an anti inflammatory drug. It has done wonders for my elbows and knees, but hasn't made any difference to my shoulder, she reckons that it will take at least 6 months for it to start to work on my shoulder.

I wish you well with you're decision, let us know how it goes.

Be warned that they don't work for all cortisone-treatable conditions; they worked well for whatever it was that Harvey had, but they were worse than useless for my wife. Make sure your condition is likely to be helped by one before buying it.

If your wife had a pain in the neck then she should have got rid of you. The term "worse than useless" applies.

just seen size of the needle ,its about 1 inch long bloody hell , do they put you to sleep first

fraid not old chap :help: The big needle goes in first then the injection needle goes iv via the big needle.. Doesnt hurt at all until they inject the cortisone and its one of the wierdest hurts you will ever experience...

Stop being a wimp and get it done ;):hihi::hihi:

Archived