Get a spellchecker

Why do people jump down the throats of posters who make a comment about spelling. It's not as though one needs to have a perfect posting record in which every post is free from errors.

Writing online isn't like writing a novel; one doesn't need to be absolutely meticulous in every message.

Posts that are heavily littered with misspellings are more difficult to read and when you see things like "woz" it just makes the poster appear like an idiot.

I don't care about the occasional mistake, I make them myself. But why would anyone not want to spell the majority of their posts correctly?

Posts that are heavily littered with misspellings are more difficult to read and when you see things like "woz" it just makes the poster appear like an idiot.

I don't care about the occasional mistake, I make them myself. But why would anyone not want to spell the majority of their posts correctly?

I think they do it on purpose. It's a chav type thing apparently. But I have seen people all over sheffield forum getting pulled up about stupid typos and poor use of grammar.

Most people don't seem to be able to manage to use a search engine on here to answer very simple questions so I think installing a spell checker in their browser will be beyond their knowledge.

Archived