Why do we store wine in racks.

A point to remember is to never have a completely full wine rack.

A totally full wine rack says "I'm a poser who has lots of wine but doesn't drink it" whereas a three quarter full wine rack says "I have taste and a sophisticated appreciation of wine, not just buying it but also drinking it"

:)

And an empty one says...."Damn , that was a good night ! " ? :hihi:

Darling Cyclone: bad wine has never been and never will be left in the cellar.

Are you comparing yourself to bad wine?

All bad wine is known as corked: As your mouth should be.

No it isn't. But don't let ignorance get in the way of your bad analogies. :loopy:

I had a wine rack, but do not drink wine. Disgusting stuff. So - I got one of those nice creeping wall climbing plants (clematis) and had it growing all over the rack. When it flowered it looked really pretty - but eventually the wood rotted and the whole thing just collapsed - at which point it was recycled in the garden - as is everything that rots.

Alcohol - Ewwwww!

• 1 year later...

Technology today helps operators with this vital part of their business. Wine inventory management software can help time orders with min/max factors and save you time, money and expose your business from robbery and tying up cash you need to run your business. Your business and management can only make things better with the proper tools in place.

• 5 weeks later...
It is a old practice followed and even now that is continuing. By storing the bottle horizontally you can view all the bottles, screw caps ensure safety. It ensures that the cap won't open accidentally.

Bottles are or were stored horizontally or neck down to ensure that the cork remains moist and doesn't dry out. Screw cap bottles can be stored vertically, screw top bottles don't normally unscrew themselves.

People who store wine, generally know where their wine is without having to look at the label, bottles are laid down so that they can mature over the years.

Bottles with plastic closures can also be stored vertically.

Archived