Another great example of British justice

I'd love to see the girl who (with a 5 strong gang) beat me up in town when I was 13, preferably in the park when she's with her children and I can say loudly in front of them, Oh hi, can you remember you and your friends kicking me in the face whilst I was lying on the floor for no apparent reason, whilst their children look at their mother with shock and disgust.

I wouldn't do it, but it is a nice fantasy (I don't get out much).

lol - that would be a great thing to do..... in theory. but her kids would probably smack you to the gound for insulting their mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267843/Headmaster-Kieran-Heakin-beaten-ex-pupil-20-year-grudge.html

Headteacher savagely beaten in an unprovoked attack in a restaurant. The pillock who committed the crime said it was in "revenge" for being caned at school 20 years ago.

The headteacher is left permanently deaf in one ear and has lost all sense of taste and smell. Basically, his life has been changed forever.

The sentence? 3 years. Pitiful. This oxygen thief should have got life.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a rise in tax if it meant we could build massive prisons that have the capacity to keep people like this locked away until they die.

3 years in prison seems about a fair sentence, and the victim isn't complaining about it, so what's the problem?

Paul2412, you have a very confused set of morals. If the story had been reported as "child abuse victim launches vigilante attack on abuser" you'd be cheering from the rooftops!

Poor excuse for beating someone up. I had the cane plenty of times when at school over 30 years ago and never once considered revenge. The cane was the cane. You did something that warranted more than detention - you got caned. Gee wizz! I do not think the punishment caused me any long lasting physical or mental harm.

And if I saw the head teachers who administered my punishment, and if I recognised them, then I would behave no differently towards them as I would anyone else.

The idiot should have been jailed for longer than 3 years for such an assault.

3 years in prison seems about a fair sentence, and the victim isn't complaining about it, so what's the problem?

Paul2412, you have a very confused set of morals. If the story had been reported as "child abuse victim launches vigilante attack on abuser" you'd be cheering from the rooftops!

Why is 3 years acceptable for ruining someone's life?

Why is 3 years acceptable for ruining someone's life?

Has the victim told you his life has been ruined?

If you bothered to read the article you'd see that the victim is a committed Christian who has forgiven his attacker and doesn't want to see him punished further.

Bearing that in mind, I think a custodial sentence is excessive and a community service order would have been better.

You seem to be a very angry man, Paul2412, who spends his days searching the internet finding crime stories to get angry about. Perhaps you could take a leaf out of Kieran Heakin's book and learn to forgive instead of foaming at the mouth every time someone who commits an offence isn't immediately sentenced to death?

If you bothered to read the article you'd see that the victim is a committed Christian who has forgiven his attacker and doesn't want to see him punished further.

Bearing that in mind, I think a custodial sentence is excessive and a community service order would have been better.

You seem to be a very angry man, Paul2412, who spends his days searching the internet finding crime stories to get angry about. Perhaps you could take a leaf out of Kieran Heakin's book and learn to forgive instead of foaming at the mouth every time someone who commits an offence isn't immediately sentended to death?

So if someone murders someone and the family of the murdered says "We forgive the murderer" then we should let the murderer just walk free and say no more about it?????

Three years was not enough. And the man's life cannot continue as normally as before if he has suffered permanent physical damage.

So if someone murders someone and the family of the murdered says "We forgive the murderer" then we should let the murderer just walk free and say no more about it?????

No, the wishes of the victim should be taken into account when doing the sentencing. The attacker doesn't sound like a danger to the public in general, just one specific man. Now he's had his revenge he's unlikely to reoffend so where's the sense in locking him up?

No, the wishes of the victim should be taken into account when doing the sentencing. The attacker doesn't sound like a danger to the public in general, just one specific man. Now he's had his revenge he's unlikely to reoffend so where's the sense in locking him up?

Unless he sees the lad who kicked him in the playground one day; or the shop owner who grabbed him for shoplifting; or the ex-copper who arrested him for whatever; or any of the other hundreds of people who may have directly or indirectly caused him grief.

Seems to me that there is something wrong somewhere with a person holding a grudge for 20 years and for something as silly as a caning - which hundreds of people have received over the years and probably few have resorted to acts of revenge 20 years later.

You seem to be a very angry man, Paul2412, who spends his days searching the internet finding crime stories to get angry about. Perhaps you could take a leaf out of Kieran Heakin's book and learn to forgive instead of foaming at the mouth every time someone who commits an offence isn't immediately sentenced to death?

The guy is deaf in one ear, cannot taste or smell.

Regardless of whether he forgives the guy or not, he should have gone away for life.

I'm not angry, just bamboozled by our justice system on a day to day basis.

I don't get your point..

Really? Isn't the soft approach with kids what got us into situations like this in the first place?

The kid in this case didn't get the soft option. He was hit as a child.

Yes. If our culture wasn't so much of "don't dare lay a finger on a child, no matter how violent and unruly they are" then this idiot wouldn't have got the idea that it was somehow OK to do this.

That makes no sense. The child in this case WAS caned. He didn't get the softly softly approach. He got the hard approach, and thought it was ok to do this.

Archived