Another great example of British justice

It always seems that the people who are all for life sentences and hanging for the bloke who did this are often the first to suggest starting a lynch mob if they found out a local teacher had been beating small children.

It always seems that the people who are all for life sentences and hanging for the bloke who did this are often the first to suggest starting a lynch mob if they found out a local teacher had been beating small children.

And the fact that you blur the stories in this way makes you so righteous. What was acceptable then is not acceptable now - like smoking in hospitals. I was allowed to smoke in hospital when I was younger and it was fine then. I am not allowed to now, and I don't. Back then caning was an acceptable form of punishment. Now it is not.

And I have never before heard of anyone under a certain age having received the cane back then - when I was at school. Caning was only carried out on teenagers.

Perhaps next you will invent some three year old at nursery who has been caned in order to further your cause.

Yes. If our culture wasn't so much of "don't dare lay a finger on a child, no matter how violent and unruly they are" then this idiot wouldn't have got the idea that it was somehow OK to do this.

What weirdly distorted thinking Paul. Has it occurred to you that the fact that this person was caned might have taught them that violence is an acceptable way of dealing with problems?

What weirdly distorted thinking Paul. Has it occurred to you that the fact that this person was caned might have taught them that violence is an acceptable way of dealing with problems?

And the thousands who have also been punished with the cane who do not resort to violence. I was caned on several occasions during my time at senior school (because I was a disruptive little so and so). I am not a violent person. I am quite a pacifist and would sooner run away in any kind of confrontation. I know a lot of people who were also caned and have not turned to violence. There had to be something else involved other than the excuse of being caned 20 years ago.

And the thousands who have also been punished with the cane who do not resort to violence. I was caned on several occasions during my time at senior school (because I was a disruptive little so and so). I am not a violent person. I am quite a pacifist and would sooner run away in any kind of confrontation. I know a lot of people who were also caned and have not turned to violence. There had to be something else involved other than the excuse of being caned 20 years ago.

There might well have been something else involved, but that doesn't detract from the point that many people believe hitting children sends out a bad message - i.e. that it's OK to use violence to deal with problems.

There might well have been something else involved, but that doesn't detract from the point that many people believe hitting children sends out a bad message - i.e. that it's OK to use violence to deal with problems.

We go by experience. And different people draw the line in different places. It opens up a whole wider debate and nothing gets resolved. But murkying the waters by turning this from a teenager getting the cane at a time when it was an acceptable form of punishment (right or wrong) to a toddler getting the cane now does not help.

We go by experience. And different people draw the line in different places. It opens up a whole wider debate and nothing gets resolved. But murkying the waters by turning this from a teenager getting the cane at a time when it was an acceptable form of punishment (right or wrong) to a toddler getting the cane now does not help.

I'm just suggesting the general point that beating children (of any age!) gives them the idea that violence is an acceptable way of dealing with problems. I think that's a bad thing.

I'm just suggesting the general point that beating children (of any age!) gives them the idea that violence is an acceptable way of dealing with problems. I think that's a bad thing.

Your definition of this would be helpful. If you talking about a smack on the hand then I disagree. If you are talking about anything more then I agree with you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267843/Headmaster-Kieran-Heakin-beaten-ex-pupil-20-year-grudge.html

Headteacher savagely beaten in an unprovoked attack in a restaurant. The pillock who committed the crime said it was in "revenge" for being caned at school 20 years ago.

The headteacher is left permanently deaf in one ear and has lost all sense of taste and smell. Basically, his life has been changed forever.

The sentence? 3 years. Pitiful. This oxygen thief should have got life.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a rise in tax if it meant we could build massive prisons that have the capacity to keep people like this locked away until they die.

The man will serve a minimum of 3 years.

There are people out there who carry grudges from childhood. We dont know the scar this teacher left on him.

I dont agree with this attack, but after listening to some other cases, such as one teacher getting an hard on, im not one to judge the mental state it leaves one in.

Archived