Will BA employees dare go on strike again,after recent events.

BA employees have some unsettled business with their employers.How long after the volcanic dust settles will they wait before reaping more misery on us travellers? DARE THEY? I personally think they will lose the heart to strike,as support for them would be very thin on the ground.

BA employees have some unsettled business with their employers.How long after the volcanic dust settles will they wait before reaping more misery on us travellers? DARE THEY? I personally think they will lose the heart to strike,as support for them would be very thin on the ground.

Of course they will, they aren't particularly intelligent.

By going on strike and costing the airline more money they'll send BA into bankruptcy meaning they'll all be on the dole. Their only hope then is to take a job with another airline that pays less than they received at BA (BA cabin crew are paid far more than any other airline).

But, I don't think common sense would get in the way of a good strike.

Willie Walsh is a greedy nasty man who cares nothing for the low paid.

I don't understand why anyone has any sympathy for him and the attacks he has implemented on his staff.

Alot of people seem to think workers should doff their caps to their bosses and be grateful for their generosity whilst they cut your pay, and pay themselves millions in pay and stock options.

Willie Walsh is a greedy nasty man who cares nothing for the low paid.

I don't understand why anyone has any sympathy for him and the attacks he has implemented on his staff.

Alot of people seem to think workers should doff their caps to their bosses and be grateful for their generosity whilst they cut your pay, and pay themselves millions in pay and stock options.

Agree 100%, can't understand why anyone is supporting this overpaid creep against the lower paid staff.

"Thank Mr Walsh for lowering my working conditions, I'm eternaly grateful":loopy:

Agree 100%, can't understand why anyone is supporting this overpaid creep against the lower paid staff.

"Thank Mr Walsh for lowering my working conditions, I'm eternaly grateful":loopy:

But then again better lower working conditions than no work at all if the airline goes under.

But then again better lower working conditions than no work at all if the airline goes under.
Hold on did you read this?:-
Actually BA recently announced that they had a huge reserve of cash, even allowing for the ash crisis.

So which is a lie and which is the truth?

So why do they deem it fair for them to do what thery've planned to do to the workers on claimed economic grounds?

Because the cash reserve will help them in times like these, but it won't help cut costs, in the long term or help the airline come back into profit again.

And let's not forget BA currently has a massive pension deficit of £3.7 Billion

Because the cash reserve will help them in times like these, but it won't help cut cost in the long term or help the airline come back into profit again.

But they've got plenty of cash, they've said so, but you obviously think that the lower paids have to fund the higher paids by taking a cut.

Archived