Best Sheffield Pub For Range Of Continental Lager

Stebbil

Hi there

There are plenty of threads regarding real ales, but I along with I'm sure many others also like a good range of continental lagers.

My local do a fair few, but was wondering which other pubs/bars in Sheffield serve a good range and what types they offer, be it draught or bottled.

Cheers

John

The Sheffield Tap and the Devonshire Cat. Both utterly outstanding for it.

A lot of the real ale pubs (with the exception of the Wellington) are very good for continental beers.

The Wellington used to have a really great range of beers when Neil and Sheila were in charge.

The Wellington used to have a really great range of beers when Neil and Sheila were in charge.

Well these days it really doesn't cater for lager drinkers.

In other respects The Wellie is a brilliant pub (my favourite Kelham Island boozer in fact!) but it's not the best for non-real ale drinkers.

The other real ale pubs in Sheffield are a different story however.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sheffield Tap, Platform 1, Sheffield Train station is the definitive continental beer hub!

They have a VERY big menu, 12 pages or more just of beers from around the world and europe.

I like The Old House for their range of continental beers.

We also have a small selection at Henry's (9 bottles and 8 draught)

:-)

I've never been to The Old House. Just had a look at the website and gallery and it looks like a nice place.

Archived