Country in a mess!

I'm sick of hearing people expressing how much of a mess our country is in. It's usually unemployment, immigration, crime, education etc etc Yes some people are having a hard time because of the global recession and some people are really struggling right now. However isn't the average person overall far better off than in any time in history. The average person has a fairly nice house and a fairly nice car and can usually afford at-least one holiday a year. This can't be said for the average person a few decades back. Why do we insist everything is so bad, things are changing that is for sure, but I think Mr and Mrs average have never had it better.

Anyone agree? (or disagree) It could just be the British way, even when things are good we will convince ourselves they aren't because we like nothing better than a good moan .

I'm sick of hearing people expressing how much of a mess our country is in. It's usually unemployment, immigration, crime, education etc etc Yes some people are having a hard time because of the GLOBAL recession and some people are really struggling right now. However isn't the average person overall far better off than in any time in history. The average person has a fairly nice house and a fairly nice car and can usually afford at-least one holiday a year. This can't be said for the average person a few decades back. Why do we insist everything is so bad, things are changing that is for sure, but I think Mr and Mrs average have never had it better.

Anyone agree? (or disagree)

Yes I agree, some people have short memories about the past, although memories could be mixed good and bad, but the good out weight the bad as far as every day living goes now.

I'm sick of hearing people expressing how much of a mess our country is in. It's usually unemployment, immigration, crime, education etc etc Yes some people are having a hard time because of the global recession and some people are really struggling right now. However isn't the average person overall far better off than in any time in history. The average person has a fairly nice house and a fairly nice car and can usually afford at-least one holiday a year. This can't be said for the average person a few decades back. Why do we insist everything is so bad, things are changing that is for sure, but I think Mr and Mrs average have never had it better.

Anyone agree? (or disagree) It could just be the British way, even when things are good we will convince ourselves they aren't because we like nothing better than a good moan .

I couldn't agree more, I think people moan because all the mod cons are doing the jobs they should be doing instead of moaning.

The price to pay for being so materialistically better off is a spoilt brat society.

The "average" person in this country has every right to moan. If you go to work, pay your taxes, bring up a family, have your own house/car etc you are penalised, with tax, NI, health bills, transport costs, costs of sending your kids to school etc Whereas the lazy bone idle lay abouts who don't work usually because they won't work get all this paid for.

You either have to be bone idle and not work in this country or have so much money that bills etc don't affect you. Being average in this country is no longer the best option.

I understand your point though cynic, things are better on the whole for people nowadays than they used to be but the balance needs to shift in favour of the hard working people who are of benefit to the country rather than the people who think we owe them a living.

I agree. It gets tiresome listening to certain people among us who ignore the fact they are fortunate to live in one of the most priveledged societies in the world, but are continually finding excuses to whinge and whine "Immigrants are eating our cheese" "Someone somewhere is doing something ! don't like"

If they didn't have such cushy lifestyles, they wouldn't have the time or energy to sit on their arses all day thinking up new ways to bore us with their whinging, sour grapes and self pity.

You either have to be bone idle and not work in this country or have so much money that bills etc don't affect you. Being average in this country is no longer the best option.

I agree that something should be done about people who don't work through choice. It isn't enough to make me complain about the state of the country like many do though.

I agree. It gets tiresome listening to certain people among us who ignore the fact they are fortunate to live in one of the most priveledged societies in the world, but are continually finding excuses to whinge and whine "Immigrants are eating our cheese" "Someone somewhere is doing something ! don't like"

If they didn't have such cushy lifestyles, they wouldn't have the time or energy to sit on their arses all day thinking up new ways to bore us with their obsessive whinging, sour grapes and self pity.

Also why do so many people want to leave their own countries to live in ours, and they don't just come for work they come for the life style...then complain :confused:

Archived