Country in a mess!

very well put decaff, that really gets my goat too! makes you think "why bother going to work?"

If you are average person these days you are no better off than some bone idle people getting handouts

Let's see Jobseeker's allowance: £65.45 per week

LHA rate for Sheffield, 1 Bedroom accommodation - £90.90 per week.

National minimum wage £5.80x40hrs= £232 per week

hmm if you aren't doing better in work than you would be unemployed, can I suggest you do a full weeks work?

The situations where people genuinely are better off on benefits tend to be in cases where there are supplementary payments, made for caring responsibilities.... effectively subsidising people to do work that would otherwise be done by the NHS and cost us more.

Let's see Jobseeker's allowance: £65.45 per week

LHA rate for Sheffield, 1 Bedroom accommodation - £90.90 per week.

National minimum wage £5.80x40hrs= £232 per week

hmm if you aren't doing better in work than you would be unemployed, can I suggest you do a full weeks work?

The situations where people genuinely are better off on benefits tend to be in cases where there are supplementary payments, made for caring responsibilities.... effectively subsidising people to do work that would otherwise be done by the NHS and cost us more.

HHMMmm lets see..., add to your list

NO or discounted council tax

FREE prescriptions

and a whole host of other discounts on energy bills etc etc if you are "on benefits" then it seems more attractive to me. I'm so fed up of seeing the words "unless you are on benefits" when it comes to paying for stuff!

very well put decaff, that really gets my goat too! makes you think "why bother going to work?"

If you are average person these days you are no better off than some bone idle people getting handouts

Alot of these people who are better off are doing fiddle jobs while getting jsa.

HHMMmm lets see..., add to your list

NO or discounted council tax

FREE prescriptions

and a whole host of other discounts on energy bills etc etc if you are "on benefits" then it seems more attractive to me. I'm so fed up of seeing the words "unless you are on benefits" when it comes to paying for stuff!

Maybe you should try it out then?

The Minimum wage is too low, but you will find you are better off looking for a better paid job, rather than looking on enviously at those on less money than yourself.

Alot of these people who are better off, are doing fiddle jobs while getting jsa.

maybe so yeah I dont doubt it but its not right is it? I've nothing against genuine claimants dont get me wrong but something needs doing about it :rant:

when all i see is myself out at work allday and others who stop at home watching jeremy kyle yet we have the same things it really gets me mad. Why should I bust a gut at work?

Maybe you should try it out then?

The Minimum wage is too low, but you will find you are better off looking for a better paid job, rather than looking on enviously at those on less money than yourself.

I do have a better paid job thanks but Its so annoying when people who dont work have the same things (luxurys like big tellys etc) and cash to go out to the pub etc etc.. I cant afford to go to the pub so how can the stop at home claims mob afford it?

maybe so yeah I dont doubt it but its not right is it? I've nothing against genuine claimants dont get me wrong but something needs doing about it :rant:

when all i see is myself out at work allday and others who stop at home watching jeremy kyle yet we have the same things it really gets me mad. Why should I bust a gut at work?

There are some idle jacks about (including me lol) but its unfair to say everyone on the dole is lazy.

You have your pride, which those who cant be arsed dont.

I do have a better paid job thanks but Its so annoying when people who dont work have the same things (luxurys like big tellys etc) and cash to go out to the pub etc etc.. I cant afford to go to the pub so how can the stop at home claims mob afford it?

Big Tellys seem quite cheap now, perhaps they were presents or they have worked on the side? As for drinking in pubs again perhaps working on the side? I know during my period of unemployment a couple of pints in a week was an extravagance that involved compromising my budget.. like not eating meat or eating dumplings in bisto for dinner.

There are some idle jacks about (including me lol) but its unfair to say everyone on the dole is lazy.

You have your pride, which those who cant be arsed dont.

I'm not saying Everyone and I'm not saying lazy as if there are doing fiddle jobs they are far from lazy. but its just not right and none of the political partys have the balls to stand up and say they will do something about it! I never knew pride was soo expensive! lol

Big Tellys seem quite cheap now, perhaps they were presents or they have worked on the side? As for drinking in pubs again perhaps working on the side?

So its ok to work on the side is it and not pay any tax? thats my whole point and you seem to be opposing me?

Archived