Nine more days of work to go

Well that's it, 1962 to 2010 is more than enough. I have been offered and have accepted a consultancy position with another firm, that will only require a few hours per week of my time, along with being appointed the official walker of my son and his partner's dog. :hihi:

The sad thing is that my position within the company is not being replaced, I would have liked to have handed over to someone, but the level of business is just not there anymore.

I'm completely burnt out and totally euphoric about my result, my package will serve me for a year without having to go into our savings, the consultancy position should get me to 65 when all of my pensions will click in.

Is anyone else in a similar position?

Well that's it, 1962 to 2010 is more than enough. I have been offered and have accepted a consultancy position with another firm, that will only require a few hours per week of my time, along with being appointed the official walker of my son and his partner's dog. :hihi:

The sad thing is that my position within the company is not being replaced, I would have liked to have handed over to someone, but the level of business is just not there anymore.

I'm completely burnt out and totally euphoric about my result, my package will serve me for a year without having to go into our savings, the consultancy position should get me to 65 when all of my pensions will click in.

Is anyone else in a similar position?

I took voluntary redundancy 3 weeks ago after starting work in 1964. As in your case my job was being absorbed by another department. All the mixed emotions you have in the run up to finishing fade away very quickly.

I was always wary of people who told me they had never regretted finishing work but I can honestly say it is absolutely marvellous. You will be amazed at how you ever found time to go to work.

Good luck for the future and always remember the good times. Phil.

Enjoy yourself, any new Hobbies planned?

Well I've considered under water juggling, but have decided against it. We are going to look at a place in Benissa later on this year, we are looking forward to that. I don't know mate, it's new ground to me, I shall no doubt have to learn about it as it goes on.

;) if you've so much spare time on your hands, now, crookesey, ;) you could do me some dog-walking duties. ;)

no, seriously, all the best for your "retirement". enjoy your leisure time.

Thanks luv, I hope that you are feeling better. :thumbsup:

Archived