Anyone been to Billy Boys tyres on Penistone?

Jesus, epic facepalm!

All I wanted to do was fit 2 tyres I had in my garage to my car. This ended up being a right chore!

Ring up Billy Boys , " yeah, it's fiver a wheel inc balancing etc."

I think ok , google their location and check where it is, next to lexus ...great!

Get there, they have moved, call them up, they say they've moved down further, ok !

Get to the premises.

Me: Hi ! Was circling lexus like 3 times looking for you !

Him: Are you the guy that called about fitting 2 tyres for a fiver each ?

Me: Err yes.

Him: Mate I can't do that, thats the wrong price, its tenner a wheel, I just gave the guy a bollocking.

Seeing as I am a busy guy and had other things planned, I go ok just do it for a tenner each then.

All good. Gets them fitted and balanced.

Now, because he had said a fiver a corner I had a tenner in my wallet. Obviously because of the price change this had become 20 for both tyres. However, big stickers saying card accepted everywhere, so phew I think crisis adverted.

Come to pay, whip out my card.

Him: We don't take card for below 30 quid transactions mate, it costs us way too much.

( you ****ing cheap tards, ill pay you the extra 30 pence you **** )

Me: fine, is there a cash machine nearby?

Him: Yes, morrisons.

Great so 10 minute walk there and 10 minute walk back just to get a tenner out of the machine.

Pay him the 20 and leave.

Get in the car, drive, all good, alloys still on. Get out of the city centre and pick up some speed, knocking sound. Great alloys aren't even properly balanced.

Phew, Costco! Told them to rebalance my tyres. Guy confirmed it wasn't properly balanced and redid them. Charged me 6 quid. ( honestly didn't mind paying that just so I didn't have to go back to that **** tip, and so I happily handed my card ( ha! ) over.

( Also, why the **** was the tyre fitter in Billy boys smoking while doing my tyres? jesus )

So, very bad experiences with those useless ********.

Live and learn!

Jesus, epic facepalm!

All I wanted to do was fit 2 tyres I had in my garage to my car. This ended up being a right chore!

I think ok , google their location and check where it is, next to lexus ...great!

Get there, they have moved, call them up, they say they've moved down further, ok !

Get to the premises.

Him: Mate I can't do that, thats the wrong price, its tenner a wheel, I just gave the guy a bollocking.

Seeing as I am a busy guy and had other things planned, I go ok just do it for a tenner each then.

Now, because he had said a fiver a corner I had a tenner in my wallet. Obviously because of the price change this had become 20 for both tyres. However, big stickers saying card accepted everywhere, so phew I think crisis adverted.

Him: We don't take card for below 30 quid transactions mate, it costs us way too much.

Great so 10 minute walk there and 10 minute walk back just to get a tenner out of the machine.

Get in the car, drive, all good, alloys still on. Get out of the city centre and pick up some speed, knocking sound. Great alloys aren't even properly balanced.

Phew, Costco! Told them to rebalance my tyres. Guy confirmed it wasn't properly balanced and redid them. Charged me 6 quid. ( honestly didn't mind paying that just so I didn't have to go back to that **** tip, and so I happily handed my card ( ha! ) over.

( Also, why the **** was the tyre fitter in Billy boys smoking while doing my tyres? jesus )

Live and learn!

why don't you get yourself a bicycle, you could change your own tires and it would be great for the environment to :thumbsup:

Jesus, epic facepalm!

Get to the premises.

Live and learn!

That bald headed little fella is a miserable twit!! I would drive out of my way rather than visit his **** tip again.

That bald headed little fella is a miserable twit!! I would drive out of my way rather than visit his **** tip again.

Yeeep , that's him !

God he was irritating as utter ****.

why don't you get yourself a bicycle, you could change your own tires and it would be great for the environment to :thumbsup:

Do you lurk the forum looking for car owners so you can preach your bicycle evangelism? You don't seem to understand a bicycle isn't suitable for everyones needs. :confused:

Archived