Has anyone seen this club turn

doyle

nobody i know in my home town in kent know what a turn is :hihi:

Im sure you do, but i'm of the older generation, these days they are called "artistes" I know its an old saying but I can assure you we yorkshire people have moved on a bit since the flat cap and ferrett, and the wheel tappers and shunter club. If you come to yorkshire do go to the local working mens or social club and see a"turn" for yourself":hihi::hihi:

Probably more of the backing track brigade! Go see a live band instead

We are trying to encourage people to come into the Club where my husband is President. The clubs are dying out and closing down in Sheffield and ours is a lovely Club with a good body of members but we need to bring it alive and encourage families with children to come back and enjoy the entertainment like we used to do when our children were little. It is a very good atmosphere in the Club but need some good acts to entice people back. Most acts these days have backing tracks and are really very good, we also have live bands but some are good some are bad. This is why I have asked if anyone has seen them before.

We are trying to encourage people to come into the Club where my husband is President. The clubs are dying out and closing down in Sheffield and ours is a lovely Club with a good body of members but we need to bring it alive and encourage families with children to come back and enjoy the entertainment like we used to do when our children were little. It is a very good atmosphere in the Club but need some good acts to entice people back. Most acts these days have backing tracks and are really very good, we also have live bands but some are good some are bad. This is why I have asked if anyone has seen them before.

You are trying to encourage people to go into your club but have failed to mention it's name? :huh:

You are trying to encourage people to go into your club but have failed to mention it's name? :huh:

The Clubs name is Handsworth Social Club on Hall Road, Handsworth. It is a lovely little club that is a smashing place for families.

Archived