Should stupid people be allowed to vote?

But children aren't allowed to vote-why?

I would have thought it is because of the fact that they don't understand the issues and/or the ease with which their vote could be bought

I believe Nulabor are proposing to lower the voting age to 16 if they win the election so so children could be allowed to vote in the future.

I believe Nulabor are proposing to lower the voting age to 16 if they win the election so so children could be allowed to vote in the future.

yet still children would not be allowed to vote, 0-15 would be most children. Why are they not allowed to vote?

ps thats so they can win more votes by offering sweets at the school gates

Because they are not old enough.

:hihi:what an utterly stupid answer

you should not be allowed to vote:P

Children are not allowed to vote because at this moment in time the lower legal limit is 18 yrs.

The 1969 Representation of the People Act lowered the voting age for all men and women to 18 years of age.

Children are not allowed to vote because at this moment in time the lower legal limit is 18 yrs.

The 1969 Representation of the People Act lowered the voting age for all men and women to 18 years of age.

Yes it is, noone was denying it:loopy: That doesn't change my point at all and has no relevance to it.

If stupid people weren't allowed to vote they would be in the same position as children ie denied the vote. I really don't understand what point you are attempting to make:huh:

But children aren't allowed to vote-why?

I would have thought it is because of the fact that they don't understand the issues and/or the ease with which their vote could be bought

This also applies to stupid people-although an IQ test would be a ridiculous method of applying any rule on who could vote as you don't need logic to be a responsible voter

this was my point

The problem with banning idiots from voting is where to draw the line. You won't be able to tell the difference between those just below the line and those just above it, so the line will creep up. Eventually, no one will have the vote, except for Stephen Hawking.

Anyway, smart people disagree between themselves about who should win, so it's not like intelligence actually matters to voting.

Archived