Should stupid people be allowed to vote?

My my, stupidity at its highth.

If one removes the bottom 30% the fact that 'averages' change has nothing to do with the fact that you did get shut of the 'idiots'.

If you define idiot as belong to the bottom 30% then you can never 'get shut' of them as every time you remove them the average changes and the bottom 30% still exists.

So just to make it simple so those who fall into the catagory might understand your plight Cyclone, taking out the bottom 30% would end up meaning those with an IQ of 93 and lower would be dissenfranchised.

That sould be about 98% of the loony left :D

That's a poor attempt to insult me and following on from a misunderstanding of the point that was made it's just, well, laughable.

If you define idiot as belong to the bottom 30% then you can never 'get shut' of them as every time you remove them the average changes and the bottom 30% still exists.

That's a poor attempt to insult me and following on from a misunderstanding of the point that was made it's just, well, laughable.

The term 'idiot' has a deffinition all ready Cyclone, I could look it up for you but I find I can't be bothered.

But I'll try again to explain what an IQ score is just for you.

Its a rating of inteligence where we can decide who's bright and who's not, who's mentaly sub-normal and who's not.

...........and if we set a number at which we cut off the right to vote then that's where the number is, it won't change or progress, it will be the same, constant and for ever.

Hope this helps.

The term 'idiot' has a deffinition all ready Cyclone, I could look it up for you but I find I can't be bothered.

But I'll try again to explain what an IQ sore is just for you.

Its a rating of inteligence where we can decide who's bright and who's not, who's mentaly sub-normal and who's not.

...........and if we set a number at which we cut off the right to vote then that's where the number is, it won't change or progress, it will be the same, constant and for ever.

Hope this helps.

I think at that point cyclone was replying to a post about shooting the bottom 30%. That might clear up the confusion. There will always be a bottom 30% no matter how many people you shoot. If those people are gone then a different set of people fall into the new bottom 30% and everyone's IQ is lowered.

I think at that point cyclone was replying to a post about shooting the bottom 30%. That might clear up the confusion. There will always be a bottom 30% no matter how many people you shoot. If those people are gone then a different set of people fall into the new bottom 30% and everyone's IQ is lowered.

I understand this Cynic, but I don't think its a missunderstanding, I think Cyclone is picking through the words to take a literal meaning that none of us reading the origional post would have atributed to it.

I thank you for your intervension though which illustrats that both you are reasonable and that the origional intension was not obtuse in the first place.

voting is a privilege, not a right.

anyone who is registered should be encouraged to vote.

anyone who is not registered, shold be encouraged to register.

If people don't vote, then they shouldn't have a right to complain about the government.

I understand this Cynic, but I don't think its a missunderstanding, I think Cyclone is picking through the words to take a literal meaning that none of us reading the origional post would have atributed to it.

I thank you for your intervension though which illustrats that both you are reasonable and that the origional intension was not obtuse in the first place.

Are you sure you want stupid people shot?

voting is a privilege, not a right.

anyone who is registered should be encouraged to vote.

anyone who is not registered, shold be encouraged to register.

If people don't vote, then they shouldn't have a right to complain about the government.

Yes they should. Democracy means more than the "right" to smear graphite on some paper every few years.

I don't own a TV but I still know that most stuff shown on it is rubbish, and I complain about that

But I'll try again to explain what an IQ score is just for you.

Hope this helps.

Are you ignoring the fact that the suggestion was to kill all those below a certain threshold? Or do you not understand that an IQ of 100 is defined as the average value achieved (not the other way around).

If the intent were to simply deny the people a vote then you're right the average wouldn't be altered, but that wasn't the suggestion, it was to execute them in order to increase the average intelligence.

Archived