Should stupid people be allowed to vote?

I think at that point cyclone was replying to a post about shooting the bottom 30%. That might clear up the confusion. There will always be a bottom 30% no matter how many people you shoot. If those people are gone then a different set of people fall into the new bottom 30% and everyone's IQ is lowered.

Precisely, it's not that the people actually become less clever, just the the average is now higher and the average is always an IQ of 100.

You got it, John is just trying to score a point, but trying to do so by ignoring part of the original suggestion.

Precisely, it's not that the people actually become less clever, just the the average is now higher and the average is always an IQ of 100.

You got it, John is just trying to score a point, but trying to do so by ignoring part of the original suggestion.

My bold:: Speak for yourself mate !! ;):D:D

The term 'idiot' has a deffinition all ready Cyclone, I could look it up for you but I find I can't be bothered.

But I'll try again to explain what an IQ score is just for you.

Cyclone already knows. You do not. As evidenced by...

....and if we set a number at which we cut off the right to vote then that's where the number is, it won't change or progress, it will be the same, constant and for ever..

...your ignorance of the difference between a fixed number on the IQ scale and the forever-changing level of intelligence that would lead someone to score it.

If everybody with an IQ below 50 was taken outside and shot, then those whose IQ had been 70 the day before would now be well below 50, since the average IQ has risen dramatically. Which is, in fact, exactly the point Cyclone made that you thought was ridiculous.

Cyclone already knows. You do not. As evidenced by...

...your ignorance of the difference between a fixed number on the IQ scale and the forever-changing level of intelligence that would lead someone to score it.

If everybody with an IQ below 50 was taken outside and shot, then those whose IQ had been 70 the day before would now be well below 50, since the average IQ has risen dramatically. Which is, in fact, exactly the point Cyclone made that you thought was ridiculous.

methinks someone was lying when they claimed to be a genius.:hihi:

What l want to know is who decides which ones are the stupid ones and which are not.

The IQ test was invented by people who are good at IQ-test-type logic solving, and therefore was deemed by those people to be a good measure of intelligence.

Intelligence used to be marked out by people who were competent in ancient Latin and Greek - because the people who decided who were and were not intelligent, were people who'd been taught Latin and Greek at school.

I dare say that anyone proposing any measure at all of intelligence, would somehow and coincidentally find that they personally always passed it.

Archived