Do we need to cleanup the gene pool?

Cynic, You have edited your post no. #24 three times now. Why not think your points through first before typing...engage brain, then fingers!

I do I promise. It's just after doing that I still think of a better way of expressing my point a few minutes later. I think one of my posts I edited about 9 times if you want to keep count. :)

Can I start again and call the thread natural selection. That would have been far less contentious!

Is artificially preventing natural selection going to lead to the demise of the human race. I want to discuss that instead now please! :D

Can I start again and call the thread natural selection. That would have been far less contentious!

Is artificially preventing natural selection going to lead to the demise of the human race. I want to discuss that instead now please! :D

Is it not the more intelligent among us who have found ways of artificially preventing natural selection?

If so then surely it's the more intelligent among us that are causing said demise and therefore we should get rid of them in order for nature to balance itself out and get the human race back on track?

Is it not the more intelligent among us who have found ways of artificially preventing natural selection?

If so then surely it's the more intelligent among us that are causing said demise and therefore we should get rid of them in order for nature to balance itself out and get the human race back on track?

You are right and I hadn't thought of that. It has become a bit of a catch 22. Maybe it will take a period where those of lesser intelligence take over and we stop progressing. Then natural selection will eventually get us back to where we are now and go round in a big circle?

The weak takeover, the situation that allowed them to takeover goes away as the strong aren't around to maintain it, then the strong come back again.

This sounds like something an intelligent person would say :suspect:

To the incinerator!

I guess I wouldn't be allowed to breed as I'm shortsighted and an on life time medication. I'm such a drain on the NHS and society as a whole :(

Or is it counteracted by working full time :)

I'm shortsighted and a bit funny (not "funny ha ha", just "funny peculiar"). I'm definitely not intentionally breeding, so I'm good. In fact, what I should do to be even more responsible is get together with someone even more deficient than me so THEY can't breed too.

Archived