Can you name a Muslim country?

The reason I ask is that the BNP have launched their manifesto today and have pledged to end all immigration from "Muslim countries".

I'm confused. Does that mean even if someone is a white Christian they cannot come to this country from a "Muslim country"?

And what is a "Muslim Country"? Off the top of my head the only country that is Islamic (as opposed to a country with lots of Muslims in it) is Iran.

Or do they just mean people who look "Muslim"

What about Muslims coming here from Germany, or The US?

Oh look, a thread about Muslims and the BNP. Won't the Mods be happy. ;)

getting back to the OP, what is a Muslim Country according to the BNP - not according to states, countries, monarchies, whatever.

I would think it is a country that has a large number or majority of the population following Islam.

Turkey most certainly is not a Muslim country. It is constitutionally bound to be secular. Attaturk had it written into the constitution when he founded modern Turkey.

I think.

That would depend how you define "muslim country". Turkey's population was around 80% muslim, last time I read, to many, that would make it a "muslim country". Attaturk definitely reformed the country and his memory is very highly regarded amongst Turkish people. I saw on a TV programme, how some young muslim girls wanted to wear the headscarf in school, but their law forbids them wearing it in schools, so they were wearing scarves under wigs as a form of protest.

Islamic World website lists the following as Islamic countries..

Afghanistan

Albania

Algeria

Azerbaijan

Bahrain

Bangladesh

Benin

Brunei

Burkina Faso

Cameroon

Chad

Comoros

Djibouti

Egypt

Gambia

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Guyana

Indonesia

Iran

Iraq

Jordan

Kazakhstan

Kuwait

Kyrgyzstan

Lebanon

Libya

Malaysia

Maldives

Mali

Mauritania

Morocco

Mozambique

Niger

Nigeria

Oman

Pakistan

Palestine

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

Sierra Leone

Somalia

Sudan

Suriname

Syria

Tajikistan

Tunisia

Turkey

Turkmenistan

Uganda

United Arab Emirates

Uzbekistan

Western Sahara

Yemen

I can tell you that at east two of that list could be considered wrong. Malaysia has about 60% Muslims and Indonesia, 86%.

Both have secular government and not Muslim ones but both have laws specific to the Muslims only as well as normal national laws.

This is to avoid a situation where a non Muslim is arrested for a crime that does not apply to his religion.

So drinking in both countries is illegal for Muslims but alcohol is available to the others.

Archived