Smoking with kids in the car

As Dr Charles Godden, a consultant paediatrician at the Royal Surrey County Hospital said

"I'd love to hear somebody cogently explain why smoking in a car with a child in it is reasonable."

Perhaps the onus is on the paediatrician to show and prove what damage it does first and not use anecdotal evidence as to it harm. As pointed out, exhaust fumes can be far more dangerous and that data has been proven.

Perhaps the onus is on the paediatrician to show and prove what damage it does first and not use anecdotal evidence as to it harm. As pointed out, exhaust fumes can be far more dangerous and that data has been proven.

So are you saying it is resonable to smoke with a child in a car?

So are you saying it is resonable to smoke with a child in a car?

I'm not saying its reasonable or unreasonable!

Just pointing out that a paediatrician can say what he wants based on anecdotal evidence but proving it to be true is another thing. Perhaps we could have some real research and data on the effects like this report on exhaust fumes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14152045

• 1 month later...

Smoking anywhere near kids is a big NO-NO in any book, you are killing them by doing it, plain & simple. I smoked for 20 years, allthough not in the house after we had kids. I now dont "Smoke" but I do "Vape" and Echo Johns thoughts. I've not had a cig since February this year and my vaping habit gives me everything smoking di but without any harm. Vaping is inhaling vapor without any of the carcigens associated with burning tobaco. Yes it tastes different but so what? I still get nicotine and can vape any flavor I like it doesnt have to be tobaco, fruit flavors, menthol apple pie, you name it.

Have a look at ukvapers.com or google vaping and see for yourself.

I recently went to a family wedding and after 15 minutes of "whats he doing" whilst outside with the smokers I decided to vape indoors at the Novotel in Sheff city centre, staff didn't mind as they must know that vaping is safe for you and others around you as there are no passive ingredients to harm anyone. My family soon asked and as I'd brought a spare I loaned it around, about 10 or so members tried it and have since ordered one for themselves, it really is the only alternative to smoking I can see that doesnt harm you and still m akes you feel like you are still smoking! win win!

Go educate yourselves, stop smoking and feel a hell of a lot better.

p.s: if you do want to give it a go, get a decent piece of kit, not the rubbish that looks the same as a cigaretts, theres loads to choose from and I can help you pick a good one from multiple vendors. Search Ego, Ego-T, PuffPaddy, and the cheapest I've seen that is a brand new product the Bud.

I find it amusing that after a few tv adverts and a public place ban on smoking people are so easily fooled but then again im not!

How many times ive heard that were living longer and this is causing financial problems yet on the other hand were told how bad just being near a smoking person can be.What a load of balony!

Alot of these people that are living longer not only have they smoked from an early age but grew up with parents that did,went to smoke filled pubs,lived in smoke filled houses and work places including cars also full of smokers.

So which is it?

There is NO proof that pasive smoking does any harm to anyone infact independant tests have showed the opposite.

Save your lungs, stop smoking and start vaping. Join the revolution and move onto electronic cigarettes. No passive smoking, no tar and much cheaper.

But that has nothing to do with tobacco and everything to do with nicotine maintenance.

I can't see myself kicking back with the Armagnac and a "cuban cigar" cartridge for my sub-miniature mercury battery powered smoke machine. Give me the real deal please.

Tobacco is a wonderful herb, you just need to use it correctly to minimise harm.

I'd be most interested in what would happen if caffeine was outlawed - I wonder how much of a slump there would be in national productivity.

Archived