Emergency pasta help

Ok, it's not life or death, but I need to let someone know what ingredients to get tonight.

Tomorrow I am trying to re-create the following dish which I had in a bar last year (Revolution in York).

"strips of pan-fried rosemary chicken breast and chorizo sausage, pesto, sun blush tomatoes and wilted rocket in a creamy cheese sauce with a herb crumb"

Would the following recipe make a close approximation?

1. Start pasta

2. Fry chorizo

3. Set chorizo to one side

4. Fry strips of chicken in chorizo oil with rosemary and sun dried tomatoes chopped up small (possibly some onions and garlic as well or would that be overpowering :confused:)

5. Add cooked pasta + some decent pesto, stir through

6. Chuck some rocket in it just before serving.

Any comments, or ideas about how to jazz it up without getting loads of extra expensive ingredients welcomed. I've done something similar before but not this in particular.

Cheers! :)

Pesto is basically basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil and parmesan.

You can get spinach pesto, red pesto, coriander pesto and aubergine pesto, but the classic is basically a basil sauce.

I sometimes mix greek yogurt or creme fraiche with the pesto to lighten it a bit, which also helps to stir it through the pasta.

Ok, it's not life or death, but I need to let someone know what ingredients to get tonight.

Tomorrow I am trying to re-create the following dish which I had in a bar last year (Revolution in York).

"strips of pan-fried rosemary chicken breast and chorizo sausage, pesto, sun blush tomatoes and wilted rocket in a creamy cheese sauce with a herb crumb"

Would the following recipe make a close approximation?

1. Start pasta

2. Fry chorizo

3. Set chorizo to one side

4. Fry strips of chicken in chorizo oil with rosemary and sun dried tomatoes chopped up small (possibly some onions and garlic as well or would that be overpowering :confused:)

5. Add cooked pasta + some decent pesto, stir through

6. Chuck some rocket in it just before serving.

Any comments, or ideas about how to jazz it up without getting loads of extra expensive ingredients welcomed. I've done something similar before but not this in particular.

Cheers! :)

dont add onion and garlic just add one or the other not both.

then before you add the pasta to the pan add some green pesto (just a little) this can be bought ready made from most supermarkets. then add some cheese and some cream DO NOT LET IT BOIL just heat it gently then add the pasta and stir then add the rocket just before serving.

let us know how you get on.:D

Archived