£180 for oil and filter change!

My Honda Civic is due is 87K service, I wanted to maintain it's full main dealer service and they want £180 to do it! It's only the oil and filters! It does use expensive oil but still! Apparently they check the brakes (which are fine) and check for any ECU software updates (don't care) and they clean it and I can have a car while it's being done. I just want the oil and filter changing, I can clean it! Robbing gets!

I wanted to maintain it's full main dealer service history, that was my only reason for going to them. I knew it would be a bit more expensive but that's just stupid. It also takes 0w30 oil which is bloody expensive but so is 5w30 which is what can be used! I don't know anything about oil!

BMW Sheffield attempted to shaft me last year.

During a routine service and MOT they estimated that work needed doing to the tune of £1300.00. They also said that my brakes were 'dangerously low'. I'd had some brake work done a few months earlier and something didn't sit comfortably so I decided to have two independent inspections done. Both said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the brakes.

As for the £1300.00 estimate, I got the work done elsewhere for £600.00.

I think having a comprehensive service history for a car is important - not only to ensure your car runs as smoothly as possible but also for resale purposes. As to whether that should have been completed at a dealers or not....I'm now not so sure.

I wanted to maintain it's full main dealer service history, that was my only reason for going to them. I knew it would be a bit more expensive but that's just stupid. It also takes 0w30 oil which is bloody expensive but so is 5w30 which is what can be used! I don't know anything about oil!
You don't have to take it to a dealer, it no longer applies that it has to be done by the dealer as long as the company that does carry out work on it uses correct parts.

As someone else said £20+ for an oil change and filter.

Auto World wanted to charge me £20 to change a rear bulb during a service 10 years ago, I bought a bulb from a local car spares and changed it myself in 5 mins

Dealerships exist to rob us blind. I had a pipe go on my power steering system the other week. LDV would only replace the whole unit for £400 o0dd plus VAT, I got a new pipe made up for £12.80 and replaced it myself, which took about 10 minutes

my honda civic is due is 87k service, i wanted to maintain it's full main dealer service and they want £180 to do it! It's only the oil and filters! It does use expensive oil but still! Apparently they check the brakes (which are fine) and check for any ecu software updates (don't care) and they clean it and i can have a car while it's being done. I just want the oil and filter changing, i can clean it! Robbing gets!
hi next time give me a ring ..mick

I recently had a service at the dealership and whilst it was in, having the service done, they phoned me and said it would be £100 more than the price they had quoted me because it had a bigger engine than they had booked me in for and would require more oil!!

I know oil is expensive but even I know it's not £100 for a few extra litres. Besides which, when I booked the service I gave them all my car details on the phone and they checked it's service history on their computer!

Suffice to say, I politely declined their kind offer for me to pay the extra £100 and shall be taking it elsewhere in future.

Archived