Warning - possible attempted abduction in Wisewood.

cll23

The letter I have states that a man (skinny with black hair, unshaven in a long dark blue car) tried to entice a child outside Wisewood Primary School in to the car.

yes thats the letter that was set nt at hillsborough school x

Hi

But isn't the attempted abduction the important thing, not the letter??

What happened and where? - just for those who don't have primary school kids but 11/12 year olds etc.

Thanks...[/QUO

Yes, the important thing is the abduction, but IF it was Wisewood, then you'd think at least that school would send letters out, or have a talk in assembly about strangers etc, however even if it wasn't Wisewood and it was a local school, they still should have informed parents. I know a lot of y5/y6 children walk home alone, possibly putting themselves at risk

The letters are there to warn the parents...

I would suggest and i know this isnt always possible but it may help put parents minds at ease.

1. Contact the school and ask them for information about this letter and for information about the attempted abduction.

2. sit down with your children and tell them that they are not to speak to strangers no matter what they offer - inform them that strangers can be nasty.

3. If you let your child walk home on their own, maybe spend a while arranging for someone to walk home with with your child so that you know they wont be the target of another attempted abduction.

Makes me so nervous about when my daughter eventually goes to school :(

The letter from Hillsborough Primary clearly states Wisewood Primary School.I have 2 kids that go to Hillsborough so got 2 letters saying the same thing. 1 kid is in nursery.

The letter from Hillsborough states:

To all Parents and Carers,

We have today had a warning of an incident outside Wisewood Primary School yesterday.

A man described as skinny with black hair, and unshaven in a dark blue long car tried to entice a child into the car.

This note is to ask you to be vigilant and to remind your children about never going with strangers.

Then signed by the headteacher

Archived