How do we survive these next 2 weeks??

Well basically my husband used to get paid weekly and they have changed it to monthly, because of this for the next 2 weeks he has no wages coming in we only have my wage and our tax credits, after all the bills come out we have £60 to last us 2 weeks.

How do we manage on this?

We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, i need petrol for my car for work, we need food, nappies, milk and all that so please if anybody has any ideas on how we can get through it let me know......

Cant borrow money off family or friends as will struggle to pay it back...

Yes we are young and have children (23 and 26) but please no lectures on dont have kids if u cant afford them, we both work hard and try to do our best for our children, its just because hubbys wage has gone from weekly to monthly that we are gonna struggle massivly for the next couple of weeks.

x

Well basically my husband used to get paid weekly and they have changed it to monthly, because of this for the next 2 weeks he has no wages coming in we only have my wage and our tax credits, after all the bills come out we have £60 to last us 2 weeks.

How do we manage on this?

We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, i need petrol for my car for work, we need food, nappies, milk and all that so please if anybody has any ideas on how we can get through it let me know......

Cant borrow money off family or friends as will struggle to pay it back...

Yes we are young and have children (23 and 26) but please no lectures on dont have kids if u cant afford them, we both work hard and try to do our best for our children, its just because hubbys wage has gone from weekly to monthly that we are gonna struggle massivly for the next couple of weeks.

x

You both work so nobody can judge you, stop worrying lol.

Isn't there any help you can get? i know there are people on here that'll give you some good advice. Dont worry yourself into an early grave about money.

Isn't there any help you can get? i know there are people on here that'll give you some good advice. Dont worry yourself into an early grave about money.

thanks matty, im just sooooo worried, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel and its may 6th onwards it just getting there x

Bulk buy your nappies at Asda while they have a baby event on. You should have enough nappies to last you then. Try buying the main essentials plus get fruit and veg etc at Green grocers and meat from butchers and try bulking your meals up with veg etc so it goes further. Visit netmums.com they have a thread about budgeting... it's really useful. You will manage hun us women have too. We always find a way. If you are really desperate, is there nothing you can sell on here etc... or a loan company. I know it's not ideal but it could help you as a one off. Or apply for a crisis loan. Not just for people on benefits.

does that stop some people on here?

i know itll be tough smiley but i think all you can do is try and get through it best you can, good job its only a couple of weeks.

good luck

Archived