How do we survive these next 2 weeks??

Well basically my husband used to get paid weekly and they have changed it to monthly, because of this for the next 2 weeks he has no wages coming in we only have my wage and our tax credits, after all the bills come out we have £60 to last us 2 weeks.

How do we manage on this?

We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, i need petrol for my car for work, we need food, nappies, milk and all that so please if anybody has any ideas on how we can get through it let me know......

Cant borrow money off family or friends as will struggle to pay it back...

Yes we are young and have children (23 and 26) but please no lectures on dont have kids if u cant afford them, we both work hard and try to do our best for our children, its just because hubbys wage has gone from weekly to monthly that we are gonna struggle massivly for the next couple of weeks.

x

Surely your husbands employer would have given him notice of these changes well in advance? In order for you to manage your financial matters. Where I worked the lads were given 6 months notice that their method of payment was changing.

Surely your husbands employer would have given him notice of these changes well in advance? In order for you to manage your financial matters. Where I worked the lads were given 6 months notice that their method of payment was changing.

i wish, no it was about a week or two before the last weekly payment was given, his work are rubbish hes looking for a new job soon i think x

i wish, no it was about a week or two before the last weekly payment was given, his work are rubbish hes looking for a new job soon i think x

they must notify you well in advance i'm sure there must be some law about that, I was notified 6 months before when my employers just changed the date of the month we get paid from the 30th to the 21st

does that stop some people on here?

i know itll be tough smiley but i think all you can do is try and get through it best you can, good job its only a couple of weeks.

good luck

I bet those 2 weeks feel like 2 months. Hope they both manage ok.

PM Heading North or Cynic. I am sure that they will send you a few grand to tide you over.:|

Might not be much help but co-op at firth park have pampers easy up pants on offer for £2.99 a pack - half price. There's a new big Jack Fulton's just opened next door to co-op too which have got some good bargains to fill your freezer up with. Hope the next couple of weeks fly by xx

Archived